motorola droid vs. Palm pre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elysian

Reaction score
here is the first Pre Plus in action video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5LA5cU1_wk

Definitely runs faster than the standard Pre. The video editing looks decent as well. I'm still curious to see if the quality has been improved, that's a big sore point for the Pre. I'm also curious if the Pre Plus is running at 550mhz now, as opposed to 500 on the Pre.

andymellon4

Reaction score
after seeing that video id definitely hold out for the pre plus it looks really interesting

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
the palm pre plus is a really nice phone... can't go wrong with it on VZ

OP
J

jessica0

Reaction score
Yeah i got it... pre is better then droid, thx. Sprint also has the better plan really, cant argue with that.

OP
J

jessica0

Reaction score
lol sorry im just stating the fact that my new phone (pre) which i threw i away my old phone (droid) is alot more fun to use, thats all its my opinion anyways.

K

kkwan77

Being a previous Pre owner, the sliding up and down to access the keyboard can be bothersome after awhile. Especially when you get texts, open, close etc. The Droid at least has a software keyboard which the Pre is lacking.

After time the Pre's keyboard is a bit cramping and will give you crab pinchers over time. The screen real estate is another thing to keep in mind as it's the smallest of the iphone, droid and nexus one.

In my opinion the Pre would be taking a substantial step backwards. :icon_ banana:

Guchi

Reaction score
lol sorry im just stating the fact that my new phone (pre) which i threw i away my old phone (droid) is alot more fun to use, thats all its my opinion anyways.

were all glad that it makes you happy:icon_ devil: Troll on!!!

darreno1

Reaction score
Yeah I think the OP is just trolling. Anyway after looking at that video, it seems the Pre isn't that much faster than the previous version. He's playing around with the cards after they've loaded, but pay particular attention to when the apps are actually loading especially the calendar. It still seems laggy coming up and while loading the info, and brings back memories of my former Pre days not too long ago. The 3d games however, are definitely a welcomed sight. I'm glad to see Palm finally tackle that. They need to further optimize the OS, but it seems to be getting there.......slowly.

I think they'll do well on Verizon. But Android and the Droid will continue to dominate. I don't see many Droid / Android users defecting to the Pre. However I see lots of Sprint and Palm loyalists jumping ship to get it.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah i got it... pre is better then droid, thx. Sprint also has the better plan really, cant argue with that.

Know a dude who switched from hero to pre, he didnt use the internet as much nor the apps. He mainly used the texting and social apps. For him having a keyboard was more important so switching to the pre was a no brainer for him. Hey its what make you happy. Enjoy the pre.

I have not been comfortable trusting Palm ever since i had the treo.

shademar

Reaction score
Haha I think it's cute how people argue about all thhese phones.... It's just a smartphone.. They are all the sae to me really...

I can't decide whether I'm reveling more in the irony of this statement, or the fact that he/she called a bunch of people trying to be helpful in their response and giving unbiased opinions to his/her request 'arguing.' :rolleyes:

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
Pre was too slippery for me, didn't care for it, so I got the Droid.

And since I'm not in High School I can afford the superior Verizon service:)

Status
Not open for further replies.