motorola droid vs. Palm pre

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessica0

Reaction score
I don't know... I like this droid, but I was testin out my friends pre device and thought it was honestly more cooler and felt like you can make that phone fully customizable 100% to it's user. I'm not gonna lie the droid is pretty cool itself, but maybe not the right phone for me... And I did think the pre was a little faster and smoother. Give me advises people.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
First off, welcome Jessica : )

My advice is to grab the Pre..you already like it and you stated the Droid is not for you.

Snatch up the Pre....

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Definitely wait on the Pre Plus. It will be on Verizon, more memory, better hardware, raised the keys, and a few other changes. I don't think I've ever heard someone say that the Pre feels faster than any of the current popular smartphones, but the Pre Plus should help it catch up since it does have the same processor as the iPhone and the Droid.

BzB

Reaction score
ditto what they said on the pre plus, it's better than the regular pre.

i tried out the pre when it was first released, os was nice but the build quality was lacking. other things like no sd card support, no vid recording, battery life, and concern for what type of support it would see app wise.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apparently, the newest version of the Pre OS is about to be released and is going to be a big step in the right direction. I know video recording and editing was one of the new features.

natty_lite

Reaction score
I don't know... I like this droid, but I was testin out my friends pre device and thought it was honestly more cooler and felt like you can make that phone fully customizable 100% to it's user. I'm not gonna lie the droid is pretty cool itself, but maybe not the right phone for me... And I did think the pre was a little faster and smoother. Give me advises people.

First off, if you honestly feel like the Sprint Palm Pre is fast at anything, then I'm going to have to assume you're trolling. That phone is slow as molasses, and Palm themselves admitted that they did not utilize the GPU properly. Thee is very little customization at all. You have a total of 4 (count em, 4) customizable icons that you can place on your on homescreen, the rest are accessed via menu, no widgets, etc... I hate when other people use the "T" words in threads like these, but I have to call it like I (think) see it.

Now, assuming you are not trolling, I would recommend you avoid the Sprint version like the plague. Get the Verizon Pre. That looks to be one bad ass phone. Better optimized firmware, video recording and editing, double the storage, double the ram, better build quality.

Nonie3234

Reaction score
If you like apps, get an Android phone! My coworker has the Pre, I have the Eris. When she sees all the apps I can get, she is so mad!

OP
J

jessica0

Reaction score
thanks alot for all your feedback guys. What's a trolll? Oh and thx for that comparisin of these smartphones. Yeah I think I might get a pre but for sprint. I asked alot of people as well from sprint and customers and they did say the plan is cheaper and probably the best cuase of the plan. I also heard people reply to me saying that video recording and all that stuff will be updated on febuary anyways so I don't need to w8 for that pre plus. I also do care alot about battery life as well so I looked into it and that update on febuary will also tweak the pres battery like so that's good I think. Yeah the droid is a mans phone I guess, but the pre and nexus can also be as well. Haha I think it's cute how people argue about all thhese phones.... It's just a smartphone.. They are all the sae to me really...

Elysian

Reaction score
Pre is definitely not smoother/faster than the Droid. It uses the same processor clocked 50mhz slower, it has a completely unoptimized OS. The Pre Plus might be better, but that has yet to be seen. The Droid is an all around better phone, especially on the customizability side. The Pre is 1 step above the iPhone when it comes to customizability, unless you want to patch/tweak it to all hell. The droid can be almost entirely customized right out of the box, no rooting required. It's an easy choice for me, and one I already made, switched from a Pre to the Droid about a month ago, after spending some 7 months with the Pre(got it on launch day)

Status
Not open for further replies.