Motorola Droid T2 Dual CPU Super Phone?!

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
nvidia-tegra2-concept.jpg

Today has shaped up to be one of the most exciting days in the Android World we've seen in some time. First the Droid X Froyo Update, followed by a Samsung Fascinate update, then a rumored Droid 2 Global Phone, a few popular Android app updates, a few custom ROM updates, and this bit of news might be the icing on the cake.

Motorola and Verizon just might be working on a surprise release this Holiday season that would completely raise the bar within the smart phone industry. This new Android superphone will be the first of it's kind to launch with Android 2.5 Gingerbread and include Nvidia's dual-core (1GHz each) Tegra 2 platform.

Some of you may remember that Motorola Co-CEO Sanjay Jha boasted about delivering a 2 GHz phone in time for Christmas, but we recently discovered that was a slip of the tongue and he was actually referring to the two cores (clocked at 1 GHz each) found inside the Tegra 2 platform.
This phone, now know as the Droid T2 around the web is expected to launch with all the high end features already found on the Droid X with the addition of 1080p video recording, a front-facing camera, and with enough CPU power to make even your computer jealous.

Take this information has 100% pure speculation and rumor at this point. For Motorola to release a new product along these lines would certainly make the same bold statement the Droid 1 made during it's release nearly one year ago.

Check out AndroidandMe.com for even more details!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
If this is for real it will get me to stay with Moto. This phone is a beast and I must have it!!!

enkryptik

Reaction score
i want a 4" or bigger screen. love size of the X but 4 is good also.

batz

Reaction score
ok 2 things come to mind right now OMG I WANT IT !!! and if this is coming out this year...i could only imagine what would be out by the time my contract is up on my droidx

DKunch

Reaction score
This phone will be my next phone is this is anything more then just a creative concept phone. I love all the chrome on it .. Im expecting it to take a drastic overhaul before final conception of this but if its running a Dual Core processor and Front facing Camera and hopefully the same Camera as the Dx (i like the mechanical shutter feature) but with better high quality lenses to make the pics look amazing... then ill stand in line for hours to get my hands on this ... and i wont stand in line for anything that aint top notch lol because i think if you aint standing in line you will have to wait like weeks for them to come back instock lol

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
If you go into the Droid Pro area I posted a thread early today with the entire article.

Simply search Motorola Droid "Superphone"

This should be a pretty nice device.

Sent from my Droid

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I'm hoping this mockup/design depicted is close to the final product. I will also wait in line for it. If this thing looks this good and has the rumored specs it is a total game changer.

enkryptik

Reaction score
If it's true and if it came out this year, it better have LTE support or I'm not interested. LTE specs are too good to ignore with the speeds and latency. Course, I'm real big on online gaming. Also love my speed. If only VZW would attempt to compete with MetroPCS pricing on LTE...

DKunch

Reaction score
One thing im wondering is if Motorola is gonna stay with the stand alone 2 stage camera button they have used on all their Droids. That is an amazing feature that i love since i use my phone as my primary Camera since i dont have a Digital Camera. and using the 2 stage button is great for capturing motion shots.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Though nice sounding, I'm still happy with my droidx. I'm tired of the' gotta get the brr phone crap. I did that with the iphone and its not worth it. I think I got a great phone and am still happy with it. Sometimes you have to step back and remember its just a phone. If I need that much power. I'll use my computer.

supernatural

Reaction score
This is awesome. I was sad to see Droid pro to not be the phone we all wanted it to be .. I'm glad to see there is still a possibility of a super Droid this year.
Glad I didn't upgrade.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
The picture makes no sense. A pull out keyboard that's touch sensitive with no buttons?

And why a dedicated number row on the top and then another area to shift to get them?

nvidia-tegra2-concept.jpg

Today has shaped up to be one of the most exciting days in the Android World we've seen in some time. First the Droid X Froyo Update, followed by a Samsung Fascinate update, then a rumored Droid 2 Global Phone, a few popular Android app updates, a few custom ROM updates, and this bit of news might be the icing on the cake.

Motorola and Verizon just might be working on a surprise release this Holiday season that would completely raise the bar within the smart phone industry. This new Android superphone will be the first of it's kind to launch with Android 2.5 Gingerbread and include Nvidia's dual-core (1GHz each) Tegra 2 platform.

Some of you may remember that Motorola Co-CEO Sanjay Jha boasted about delivering a 2 GHz phone in time for Christmas, but we recently discovered that was a slip of the tongue and he was actually referring to the two cores (clocked at 1 GHz each) found inside the Tegra 2 platform.
This phone, now know as the Droid T2 around the web is expected to launch with all the high end features already found on the Droid X with the addition of 1080p video recording, a front-facing camera, and with enough CPU power to make even your computer jealous.

Take this information has 100% pure speculation and rumor at this point. For Motorola to release a new product along these lines would certainly make the same bold statement the Droid 1 made during it's release nearly one year ago.

Check out AndroidandMe.com for even more details!