Motorola Droid "Superphone"

Droidfish

Reaction score
...if you were playing a video game, instead of the slide out keyboard having numbers and letters the game.apk would come with it's own keyboard/game pad that would load up with that particular game, turning the entire keypad into a NES controller... :)

This idea is awesome, I get a lot of use out of my emulators(especially cps2hd) and they are going to always play a factor in the phone I get. The idea of these phones becoming true tiny gaming machines on top of the awesome multimedia machines they already are is a wise move and I think a "superphone" would be the first place to try something like this out.

BigZig

Reaction score
I've used the Motorola Droid on several occasions, and I must admit that it is a pretty strong competitor to the Apple iPhone. However, after reading my pros and cons list, you will see why I would choose the iPhone over the Droid any day.

PROS (for Droid)
-Physical slide-out keyboard
-Multitasking capable (run multiple applications at once)

CONS (for Droid)
-Physical keyboard is difficult to type on
-Internet browser is far inferior to the one found on an iPhone
-Though the phone has 16 GB of memory, only a preset, small fraction of that can be used to store apps
-Much smaller catalog off apps available for download compared to 100,000+ you can get on iPhone

The verdict: If you are stuck on Verizon, then I would go with the Droid, but otherwise I would pick AT&T and get an iPhone.

You definitely forgot 1 important pro for the Droid umm lets see a removable battery. Also I don't ever use the stock browser dolphin has been good to me.

Almost forgot flash support. That's kinda big.

You can have your own opinion but arguing over which phone is better is pointless because people that love the iPhone are never going to change there minds. Same with android users

Aram58

Reaction score
This will be the phone that replaces my original droid.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but I wouldn't expect the superphone until late 2011.

Rumor has it that the first LTE devices will be your run of the mill devices with some nice displays. No dual core from Moto Q1.

Also that pic (Droid X SE as it was called) that was floating around was an old test unit. I guess VZW didn't like the color of it : )

So there you have it. Looks like my current Droid MAY make it almost 2 years before I retire it.

Again, things change but thats the way the landscape looks right now.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but I wouldn't expect the superphone until late 2011.
C/K you play both roles very good - The bearer of good and bad news - The good always outweighs the bad though...it would be nice if they could release the MoSuDro on 7/06/2011 exactly 18 Months after the birth of the Original D - Either way I am holding out right along with you, I am sure we will see some G/B and possibly some H/C for the Droid - After almost a year and the Droid is still holding it's own as Top Droid

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App :wink:

kiy0shi

Reaction score
So are you saying that the at&t version will still come out around january and the verizon version will be delayed until late 2011?

andrew53517

Reaction score
Well what about a Dual-Core HTC Phone with the new Qualcomm Chip set? You think there is a chance for any of those to be released in Jan. 2011?

Aram58

Reaction score
So this superphone is going to be the olympus? Also I want this phone to be out before christmas. If not in 2010 then I would be happy to get it in q1 with lte on verizon. I doubt that either of these things can happen though.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

loki993

Reaction score
I've used the Motorola Droid on several occasions, and I must admit that it is a pretty strong competitor to the Apple iPhone. However, after reading my pros and cons list, you will see why I would choose the iPhone over the Droid any day.

PROS (for Droid)

CONS (for Droid)
-Though the phone has 16 GB of memory, only a preset, small fraction of that can be used to store apps
-Much smaller catalog off apps available for download compared to 100,000+ you can get on iPhone

The verdict: If you are stuck on Verizon, then I would go with the Droid, but otherwise I would pick AT&T and get an iPhone.

What worse about the Browser? IVe used the Driod browser a little but, never an Iphone though.

Also you forgot about the vastly inferior network the iphone is on as well, even though that probally wont matter soon.

Also you compare apps, but I believe you have to pay for them all for the iphone correct?

PROS (for Droid)

CONS (for Droid)

You definitely forgot 1 important pro for the Droid umm lets see a removable battery. Also I don't ever use the stock browser dolphin has been good to me.

Almost forgot flash support. That's kinda big.

You can have your own opinion but arguing over which phone is better is pointless because people that love the iPhone are never going to change there minds. Same with android users

Not to mention the fact that you can swap OSs on Driod phones too, among other things.