Motorola Droid Bionic Release Date?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't think I'll be buying any other Motorola product other than a Droid 1...

sent from my ApeX

recDNA

Reaction score
I was hoping the bionic would come out within 30 days of my recent tbolt purchase so i could exchange for one. Oh well. The tbolt is ok but i would have preferred the bionic. Two years is too darn long to be stuck with one phone but i Can't afford less than a 2 year contract.

Vito.a

Reaction score
Droid 3? I am predicting that phone will be a sales flop. Not that I have a great record, just my 2¢

I disagree. There are lots of folks that want a physical keyboard and don't really care about 4G. Most rural areas will never see 4G anyway.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Droid 3? I am predicting that phone will be a sales flop. Not that I have a great record, just my 2¢

I disagree. There are lots of folks that want a physical keyboard and don't really care about 4G. Most rural areas will never see 4G anyway.

Actually I think Verizon will try to get 4G to those rural areas, just not right now. So I could see people who don't expect 4G for a while getting this or the Galaxy SII.

wlrottge

Reaction score
Verizon has claimed that they will cover their entire area serviced by 3G with 4G.

I live out in the twigs (past the sticks) and per the VZW map, am covered by 4G. ATT stops working ~10 miles from our house.

DroidX101

Reaction score
they told me today at verizon that the release date is the 7th...2 days...well almost one day. we will see i guess

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Droid 3 is the 7th. The bionic is suppose to be aug 4th.

Sent from my fascinate

Java

Reaction score
I was hoping the bionic would come out within 30 days of my recent tbolt purchase so i could exchange for one. Oh well. The tbolt is ok but i would have preferred the bionic. Two years is too darn long to be stuck with one phone but i Can't afford less than a 2 year contract.

Two years is a long time for technology, that is true. But if you think it's too long to stand, you're gonna have a hard time in a couple years when things are literally obsolete after a month spec wise compared to other phones...

But I'm still using my LG Dare and have no problem with it, still runs like a champ on its 28 MB of available RAM, 2.25 gigs of memory with memory card and actually has a beautiful 3.2 MP camera that takes pictures as crisp as a lot of the smartphones I've compared it to, even takes 200 FPS video (extreme slow-mo) which is fun to play with. Even has internet browsing (which I opted out of to save cash). And this phone is three years old...
Then again it was phone of the year for a reason, love the thing to bits.
Will be replacing it when the Bionic comes out, though. dancedroid

therock

Reaction score
Don't sing that one just yet, you may be in the green. I am kind of a doubting Thomas, with a little of the Missouri "Show Me" mixed in.

The Bionic could prove to be a huge Flop in being a 1st production run lemon, or an anticlimactic spec build.

All this waiting and production model changes give it a smell of scrambling panic and disorder to me. Then there is the BS leaked images and backyard "Nostradamus" types blowing hard gambling they are right for the sake of credibility ratings. I'm speaking of some posters and lots of Webb journalists. It's all fun though.
Who knows the REAL story. It may have been no real Bionic in the beginning Motorola just needing to make a showing at CES and taking in all the feedback. Sheesh the possibilities abound.

So I am taking the safe route and waiting and if it is a dud I can back up to the others out there or coming soon eh?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I worried about being a little disappointed when the Bionic comes out. Thus far every 4g phone has been dumbed down from what we all thought the specs were going to be (LG Revo has single core and Bing, lmfao). I wonder if Moto was able to accomplish what no other manufacturer has been able to with dual core and 4g. It's hard to believe since they are having problems with the x2 and with buggy release of GB for it's other devices. The Droid 3 looks promising though, so hopefully the Bionic is too. I hope the Droid 3 is a hit, but I am waiting to see reviews before I jump on either device.

Zog

Reaction score
Bionic will be the redheaded step child when the quadcores drop shortly afterwards.

Gingercomb :: Liberty v9

ModestMuse

Reaction score
Bionic will be the redheaded step child when the quadcores drop shortly afterwards.

These haven't even be hinted at yet. This will be the first dual-core LTE phone on the market, and you think a quad-core LTE phone will come out soon enough to make the Bionic a step-child?

I think the Bionic is setting itself up to compete very nicely with the iPhone 5. By the end of their 2-year contracts the quad-cores might be more prevalent.

Java

Reaction score

Lawl. As stated, there isn't even a dual core 4g phone out yet with all the bits and pieces we're looking for. How can you possibly think the Bionic is getting outted as a red headed step child soon? If it drops this year, it will still be leaps ahead of other 4g phones (if the specs hold true).

I for one, welcome our extremely delayed and bug ridden overlord.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Quad core is major overkill even in a computer. Plus I don't think we will see those devices as soon as promised. Most of VZWs phones are still releasing with froyo. VZW always behind the game except for its network.