Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
VZW rep just told me the Bionic will be released in June. He said it was not a issue with VZW but a issue with the processor and the phone will NOT be a dual core phone when released. It gets too hot and is not safe. :( However, it will still be 4G.

Again store Reps do not know any thing about what is going on. The Targa/Bionic will be Dual Core just not Tegra 2. It will be released Mid to Late July or Early August. The release date is my guesstimate.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
I wasn't told this by a store rep.
Well it will not be better then the Original Bionic Then. I don't believe it. Only if it came from the Panda, My friend in Cooperate office of Verizon here in NC, or Miami. I would consider it as truth. Not from anywhere else.

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
The article that is on the front page news of this website said it would be released at the same time 4g xoom is released so does anyone know when the 4g xoom will be released?

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thank u-thats my question- when is the xoom coming out?and-if not tegra-then would it b snapdragon8660-or better?

Last edited:

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
DroidNCState
Thank u-thats my question- when is the xoom coming out?and-if not tegra-then would it b snapdragon8660-or better?

I heard that they are using OMAP dual core Chip in The Targa/Bionic. The 4G upgrade for the Xoom is suppose to be this Summer...

altimax98

Reaction score
Here's how I figure it. The DX2 specs are so close to the original bionic that it wouldn't make sense to have two. Really the only difference is the 4G.. big whoop.

My guess is the new bionic will be dual core omap4 1gig + of ram 4.3in screen 32g total memory onboard and SD. I would also speculate it will have the new 12mp camera w/FFC as well. I also wouldn't be surprised if it was a unlockable bootloader and stock Gingerbread based off my assumptions on what he said today.

That's my thoughts on this. If it's 1 unlocked or unlockable, 2 dual core 3 LTE Motorola may again have my business.

* I also wouldn't be surprised if Motorola doesn't pin this as the first true device like the OG Droid with advertising galore, if they throw the money at it for advertising and they regain the support of the dev community, Motorola may finally have a great android device.

Sent from one of those missing Droids

Last edited:

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here's how I figure it. The DX2 specs are so close to the original bionic that it wouldn't make sense to have two. Really the only difference is the 4G.. big whoop.

My guess is the new bionic will be dual core omap4 1gig + of ram 4.3in screen 32g total memory onboard and SD. I would also speculate it will have the new 12mp camera w/FFC as well. I also wouldn't be surprised if it was a unlockable bootloader and stock Gingerbread based off my assumptions on what he said today.

That's my thoughts on this. If it's 1 unlocked or unlockable, 2 dual core 3 LTE Motorola may again have my business.

* I also wouldn't be surprised if Motorola doesn't pin this as the first true device like the OG Droid with advertising galore, if they throw the money at it for advertising and they regain the support of the dev community, Motorola may finally have a great android device.

Sent from one of those missing Droids
Your thinkin is on point 2day!!!:icon_ banana:

Reaction score
Yeah, did you read that thing about those cats in aussie putting a petition together and sending it to moto and moto published a letter about them looking forward to having optional unlocked bootloaders or something. Looking good for the future!

I also hope/think they should make the screen a little better

You have just been post pwned

altimax98

Reaction score
Yeah, did you read that thing about those cats in aussie putting a petition together and sending it to moto and moto published a letter about them looking forward to having optional unlocked bootloaders or something. Looking good for the future!

I also hope/think they should make the screen a little better

You have just been post pwned

I saw that. I think motorola finally may be seeing it as a possibility and not a 'security issue' with rooting the phone. I can honestly agree that in the wrong hands an easy root can be a hackers (the bad kind lol) for getting ahold of the device and installing root all without the user knowing and info being stolen and whatnot. I honestly believe that can be a big issue. BUT this unlockable/lockable bootloader is the key solution. By allowing the dev community to have access and keeping joe simpleton happy and safe, it can allow the best of both worlds.

I really hope motorola pursues this method like on the Xoom

music life

Reaction score
me either but the article is only like 40 mins old. lol

i really hope this is true. bc i might be getting this instead of the TB.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
They said Droid Life is their source so they probably just put June in there. He actually said summer if I recall correctly. They're just guessing that it'll be June would be my guess.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

trailblazen

Reaction score
I have to look through some of my recent posts between here and Android Central but I found an article that specifically said June and posted the link to it so I know that this latest one isn't off the mark, not just putting it in there for speculation.

EDIT: Found it in the thread: Bionic crawls from the grave....

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Mobile-and-Wireless/Motorola-Droid-Bionic-Delayed-as-iPhone-5-Looms-229162/

Paragraph 3 of my above link says this quote from MOTO: "Motorola Mobility CEO Sanjay Jha said the phone would launch in the second quarter, but that sentiment was premature, as Motorola told eWEEK it was delaying the device to make some changes that will push it to at least late June."

Last edited: