Motorola Droid 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpw2atox

Reaction score
Well I found some actual information about 2.1 in general, not about it being released on the Droid though. It looks as if the full 2.1 Source Code is now available. This is for the apps, core OS, etc.

http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platfo ... 8659de76fe

There is an example of one of the 2.1 apps source. What this means is if someone really wants to, they could do a full compile of the 2.1 source and port it to the Droid with their own custom firmware.

Here is the link which I read that contained the info.
AllDroid - View topic - 2.1 is up on AOSP

hacku

Reaction score
Well I found some actual information about 2.1 in general, not about it being released on the Droid though. It looks as if the full 2.1 Source Code is now available. This is for the apps, core OS, etc.

There is an example of one of the 2.1 apps source. What this means is if someone really wants to, they could do a full compile of the 2.1 source and port it to the Droid with their own custom firmware.

Facepalm.gif

dpw2atox

Reaction score
? i gotta say hacku im confused as to why you posted a facepalm. Previously the source wasnt available, only the SDK. Then only part of the source was available so the fact that all of the 2.1 source is available should be a good sign that we "should" see 2.1 on the droid "soon".

freakboy2539

Reaction score
Do you think if we go to VZW corporate stores and lay on the floor kicking and screaming like small children we can get this update sooner? LOL I can wait my phone functions just fine without 2.1. But when it does come it will be like a new phone all over again.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but I like the drawer that pulls up better than the way the 2.1 launcher works. I like how it opens up, but I don't like how it performs. The original one drawer scrolls up and down much smoother. The new one would be cool if it scolled smoothly.

I do like the weather and news widget along with the improved gallery however.

MrKleen

Reaction score

Question for the developers: Is this information and code posted above useful? Are you able to take this and do anything with it?

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
the 2.1 update was used to sell alot of droid phones,as promised they said the update would be in jan 2010. i will guarantee this update will hit our phones by the end of the month. can u imagine the lawsuits and ppl wanting to refund because of false advertisements? think about it. this is not just me saying this, this is over half the droid users who bought this phone with the expectation of 2.1. moto and verizon would be fools to not launch 2.1 by the end of this month.

Lawsuits? Someone needs to smack you.

ips

Reaction score
hahahaha seriously.... not only was the update at the end of the month a rumor... but they arnt even obligated to give us an update, they sold us the phone at 2.0 or 2.01 and they dont HAVE to do **** to give you the next cool thing, the choose to because of market forces. If anyone actually thinks about suing they are morons.

52brandon

Reaction score
Running around smackin people is a great way to end up with a lawsuit haha

MJ5150

Reaction score
......this is over half the droid users who bought this phone with the expectation of 2.1.

Count me in the half who did not purchase the Droid based on what it was going to be eventually. I also married my wife not expecting her to be something better later.

-Mike

Technoman

Reaction score
......this is over half the droid users who bought this phone with the expectation of 2.1.

Count me in the half who did not purchase the Droid based on what it was going to be eventually. I also married my wife not expecting her to be something better later.

-Mike

Not sure where droidweasel is getting his HALF that bought the phone with the expectation that 2.1 was going to be released. I had no idea or thought of the December 2.0.1 update let alone the burgeoning 2.1 release.

Maybe he considers himself 50% of the total that purchased the Moto Droid, but I think he needs to take a new count.

Status
Not open for further replies.