Motorola Droid 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

spillner

Reaction score
I know this has been already been said, but wouldn't it be nice to have official updates from verizon on when 2.1 is coming? They must be overwhelmed with calls from customers. Just something to put everyone at ease instead of speculating. They don't need to have a specific date, just an estimate on when they believe the update will begin and the process in which it will be implemented. It just seems like good PR to me.

JLB09

Reaction score
I know this has been already been said, but wouldn't it be nice to have official updates from verizon on when 2.1 is coming? They must be overwhelmed with calls from customers. Just something to put everyone at ease instead of speculating. They don't need to have a specific date, just an estimate on when they believe the update will begin and the process in which it will be implemented. It just seems like good PR to me.

I agree which makes all of this really just speculation.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No, when there's close to 90 million subscribers and maybe 1.5 million of them are Android users, so overwhelmed would not be accurate. Just checked with a buddy of mine who works in a VZW call center and he hasn't had one inquiry yet. We are a Droid community so we naturally tend to think that everyone is waiting with bated breath for 2.1 to arrive.

baniels

Reaction score

baniels

Reaction score
Great, since the next February 29th isn't until 2012.:D That's a pretty safe prediction. ;)

False...The world is ending on Jan 1 2012 so we'll never get this 2.1 update :icon_ devil: haha lol

I'm pretty sure we get to see most of 2012. The official end of the world is December 21, 2010. An internal memo was leaked.

I mean December 21, 2012. Why can't I edit my posts? Now I look like an idiot.

firemanprice

Reaction score
Hey everyone hope you guys are enjoying your weekend. Please don't get mad @ me, you may know this already. I came across this on Droid life.com. The update for 2.1 according to Motorola and Verizon was all a hoax. Please check it out. In turn you will be rewarded. I don't want to give it all away. So just go to the website. I will say this, my Droid is not rooted but my phones looks as thought if it was. You will not be wasting your time, take care everyone.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone hope you guys are enjoying your weekend. Please don't get mad @ me, you may know this already. I came across this on Droid life.com. The update for 2.1 according to Motorola and Verizon was all a hoax. Please check it out. In turn you will be rewarded. I don't want to give it all away. So just go to the website. I will say this, my Droid is not rooted but my phones looks as thought if it was. You will not be wasting your time, take care everyone.

Spam? Is that you?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not surprised. It didn't make sense that there would be any kind of update without seeing some type of change in the firmware.

MrKleen

Reaction score
2.1 will bring a few cool new features and I am excited about it just like everyone else.

But with a phone like Droid you can make every day fun and exciting. Depending on your mood. You can add apps and make adjustments at any moment to keep things fresh.

We don't have to wait for 2.1 to add cool features to our phone, we can add things whenever we feel like it. In a post above someone mentioned that there are 90 million Verizon subscribers and Android only makes up about 1.5 million of them.

Think for one moment how the other 88.5 million are stuck with their phones the way they are.

We have 2.0.1 Android with awesome ability and can make it different anytime we like. And add the fact that we will get 2.1 soon enough, and future upgrades...... we are a lucky group of people.

While we patiently wait for 2.1 we have one heck of a cool device to keep us company!

firemanprice

Reaction score
@ Hookbill, I started thinking like you and I agree. Also to it don't make sense to give us a a much needed update. Than to turn around and in a month to do another update. Would it not make sense to go from 2.0 to 2.1. As a business why do extra work to go behind your self and pretty much erase what you did.

thatguychuck

Reaction score
While we patiently wait for 2.1 we have one heck of a cool device to keep us company!

I'm with you there. It's a very different feeling...after coming from a phone that shall not be named...waiting for disappointing leaks.

droidweasel

Reaction score
the 2.1 update was used to sell alot of droid phones,as promised they said the update would be in jan 2010. i will guarantee this update will hit our phones by the end of the month. can u imagine the lawsuits and ppl wanting to refund because of false advertisements? think about it. this is not just me saying this, this is over half the droid users who bought this phone with the expectation of 2.1. moto and verizon would be fools to not launch 2.1 by the end of this month.

blitzburgh39

Reaction score
um. i agree with you. but not about lawsuits! there has not been false advertisements. forums and tech web sites say it was to be out Jan. 17, 22, 27. whatever. verizon wasnt? thats retarded. thats not even false advertisment if verizon DID say the 22nd. and they didnt! its all speculation!

R1Lover

Reaction score
Just when you think it can't get any worse someone mentions lawsuits because the update is not out yet.... OMG people, do you not have a life? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.