Motorola Comfirms New Droid Keyboard

DurangoJim

Reaction score
Those of you who are thinking that the current version Droid will get a new style keyboard are wrong. The update will be Droid2 or whatever they call it. There is no way that Moto is going to retrofit new keyboards into existing Droids or produce this model Droid with any other keyboard then what it already has.

iPirate

Reaction score
Sweet, just one more reason I am content on returning my phone and waiting 6 months for some more fixes:)
Thought you already left? lol You should at least respond to your Goodbye thread, people think you are BSing

They don't say what the new keyboard will have. I could be as little as making the screen slide up an extra mm or maybe put the D pad on the left side. :icon_eek:

Last edited:

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I rather gouge out my eyes with a potato peeler than use an i760 keyboard.

That said, I don't particularly enjoy the hardware keyboard on my Droid, but it works for what I need it to: to type!

srtfool32

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
to be honest who cares about the keyboard? only need it for games and such. as far as texting goes it is worthless if you use swype. i dont mind it but with a case protector on the phone i noticed the top row is hard to press when typing, but like i said thats what swype is for. only use keyboard when im in terminal emulator since doesnt work with touch screen keyboard.

VIRominoff

Reaction score
I dont know how this thing even got to production with this piss poor excuse for a keyboard. Didnt anyone in design or testing say "you know, I dont think this keyboard is very good"?? I dont use it or rarely use it because it sucks.

Anyone who has used some of the old HTC winmo phones has no problems with the keyboard. Use a xv/ppc6700 then whine about the kb.

I love how in your pocket is this marvel of tech and all people can do is whine because they don't have the feeling in their fingers/fat fingers and can't use the keyboard.

YOU knew what the kb was like when you bought the phone. No one put a gun to your head and made you buy it.

The keyboard is fine on this phone. Hell I'd go so far as to say that it's a close second to the i760, and that has the best keyboard of all time.

Take a pill dude. Im not the only one saying the keyboard is pretty terrible. Close to best keyboard of all time? Now Ive heard it all. Im not whining about anything, just stating the fact that has been said a hundred times over, the keyboard was poorly designed.

And I'm saying if it's really such a big deal why get the phone?
<cheapshot>It's not like a blackberry where you don't get problems until like 6months later</cheapshot>.
Both keyboards are hella easy to use and just because this one is flatter you can still feel and press each key no problem.

Honestly I really don't get all the hate over the keyboard. if anything I'm more upset I can't flip the phone with the softkeys on the left.

Yeah that came out more rage filled then was ment. my bad

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
I like my keyboard... just sayin ^_^

Some people like it, some people hate, thats the way of the world. But to be attacked because someone has a less than glowing opinion of the keyboard is pretty ridiculous.

VIRominoff

Reaction score

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
And I'm saying if it's really such a big deal why get the phone?

Both keyboards are hella easy to use and just because this one is flatter you can still feel and press each key no problem.

Honestly I really don't get all the hate over the keyboard. if anything I'm more upset I can't flip the phone with the softkeys on the left.

Yeah that came out more rage filled then was ment. my bad

I got the phone because it had more features that offset, what I consider, a bad keyboard. The virtual keyboard is great and makes the physical one unnecessary IMO. If it came with just the physical keyboard I probably would not have gotten it. I would use the physical one more if it were designed better.

Its all a matter of opinion. You like it, I dont, others like it, others hate it.

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
Sweet, just one more reason I am content on returning my phone and waiting 6 months for some more fixes:)
Thought you already left? lol You should at least respond to your Goodbye thread, people think you are BSing

They don't say what the new keyboard will have. I could be as little as making the screen slide up an extra mm or maybe put the D pad on the left side. :icon_eek:

Just because I "left" my Droid phone doesn't mean I can't hang out and comment on this forum:icon_ lala:

nycebo

Reaction score
I agree. Good luck on the release date for 'this' new Droid keyboard. Sounds like it will be a Droid 2. Besides, I almost never use the hardware keyboard, mainly using the landscape onscreen keyboard instead.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Such is life when we buy something right out of the gate.
exactly....the Droid will continue to evolve as well. Once that KB is released with the new hardware, a year later another Droid will be released with new specs/hardware.

This should come as no surprise. Whats nice to see is the the Droid is evolving into a brand.

As long as my current keyboard works and is easy to use (which for me it is) I'm fine with it.

Few years from now we'll all be looking back and reminiscing about our first Droid talking about how far it has come : )

Be excited not upset.......

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's not like we're Beta testers as Storm 1 owners were. Droid's technology works, the device works, it is evolving however... so we'll see changes.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
Whats nice to see is the the Droid is evolving into a brand.

Few years from now we'll all be looking back and reminiscing about our first Droid talking about how far it has come : )

And that's it right there!!! Totally agree with.

This is validation that Motorola will continue to support this phone well into the future and they're listening to their consumers. Atleast those that don't care for the keyboard. :)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Whats nice to see is the the Droid is evolving into a brand.

And that's it right there!!! Totally agree with.

This is validation that Motorola will continue to support this phone well into the future and they're listening to their consumers. Atleast those that don't care for the keyboard. :)
Good point :)