Motorola Comfirms New Droid Keyboard

tu3218

Reaction score
well that sucks, oh well I guess that's just how it goes. But as far as the 2.1 update goes, it will come along "as shortly as possible". So it sounds like Motorola has the update and optimizing for the droid and cliq.

Guchi

Reaction score
i will b**** and moan until they give me one!!!

J-Buck

Reaction score
That sux for those who already have the Droid, but on the bright side at least they heard the complaints an fixed the problem. A shame they didn't get it right the first time...

Hmm i wonder if ur Droid was to malfunction would they replace it with the new KB one?? IDK though cause i couldnt imagine them throwing away all the old hardwear one's

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
I never use the physical keyboard anyway so it's not much of a blow to me.

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
I dont know how this thing even got to production with this piss poor excuse for a keyboard. Didnt anyone in design or testing say "you know, I dont think this keyboard is very good"?? I dont use it or rarely use it because it sucks.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I never use the physical keyboard. Makes no difference to me.:)

LordKastle

Reaction score
Take it with a grain of salt...you realize that there is no evidence of this anywhere else? Producing new hardware would work for another generation phone release...but now now.

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
Take it with a grain of salt...you realize that there is no evidence of this anywhere else? .

Take a look at the Samsung Moment on Sprint or that new Backflip. Devices with better keyboard implementation are already out or in the works.

Sleeve

Reaction score
Man, Asurion's going to be raking in the deductible payments for semi-accidental toilet drops on this one.

mach330

Reaction score
i wonder if this is more of a 3-6 mos fix or end of the yr fix (droid 2). if its 3 mos or so, i think i may have to rethink my strategy for getting the n1.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If they do change the hardware on the droid I wouldn't see why they wouldn't allow for a keyboard swap. With that said unless its a huge noticeable difference iit may not be worth it. With the low clearence between the screen and the keyboard I do not know what they can do to improve the keyboard to a point where it would make a difference.

naman919

Reaction score
i wonder if this is more of a 3-6 mos fix or end of the yr fix (droid 2). if its 3 mos or so, i think i may have to rethink my strategy for getting the n1.

+1. Anyone else know about the timeframe for this? i got mine for xmas so i might just go take it back now and wait. Think they'd do this before the N1 launch in the spring?