Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Motorola Won’t Lock Bootloader on Newly Announced Photon 4G On Sprint will they follow with the same on Verizon's Bionic?

Motorola Won’t Lock Bootloader on Newly Announced Photon 4G? Is There Hope for the DROID Bionic? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
Ill go out on a limb and say yes,cos how would it look for the photon 4g to come unlocked,but the bionic to come locked,the out cry would be horriable-so they"ll do the rite thing.

Well, according to Motorola, they'll leave it unlocked if that's what the carrier wants. So, since it looks like they're following through with that on the Photon, the ball will be in Verizon's court to make that call.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Im curious as to whether or not the Triumph will have an unlocked bootloader. I've seen the article talking about the Photon, but with stock android on the Triumph, I wouldn't be surprised if the bootloader is unlocked. With that said, I can't imaging a phone made for Virgin mobile will have a very large development following.

dsmryder

Reaction score
Just in time.

Im curious as to whether or not the Triumph will have an unlocked bootloader. I've seen the article talking about the Photon, but with stock android on the Triumph, I wouldn't be surprised if the bootloader is unlocked. With that said, I can't imaging a phone made for Virgin mobile will have a very large development following.

If the Intercept can get a following, then This should have no problem. I know I will be looking hard at the Triumph in July. I hope there isn't a delay in it's release.

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
How is it that these supposedly "inferior companies" get the better phones? That Photon looks nice!

knightshade

Reaction score
vanilla android from Moto?!?! Depending on the rest of the specs, I would be interested in the Triumph.

My gf has been giving me a hard time about my cell bill being $85+ when she is on a $25/month deal w/ Virgin Mobile on her LG Optimus V. I kept telling her that once Virgin gets better smarphones I would consider it.

How has that been working for her?
I've been tempted to give Virgin a try - and the Triumph might just meet my smartphone needs!

(I almost toyed with trying my Droid 1 wifi-tethered to a LG Optimus V...)

jayman350

Reaction score
she loves the phone, I had to bring her into the 21st century kicking and screaming, but now she can't put her phone down.

The service is good, I haven't really been able to put the networks head to head or anything. No real issues with not having service or missing/dropping calls.

I saw somewhere that you can tweak the Optimus V to run off of Sprint's towers as well as Virgin's. Not sure if that would be something that could be done with the Triumph, guess it will have to get to the devs in order to find out.

XnTriumph

Reaction score
Can you Believe it? Virgin Mobile is getting an Stock Android Device with no bloatware.

there will be bloatware on it. Virgin loaded up at least 5 different useless apps on my gf's Optimus V, she won't let me root it to remove them.

Bloatware isn't random apps! Most companies skin android but the Virgin Triumph is pure android, by pure I mean there are no skins on it, there are apps but other than that it is a pure android phone. dancedroid

jayman350

Reaction score
Ok I'll give you that, but random useless apps (the kind that stay on your phone taking up space even if you buy the full version) are what I would consider bloatware. Some of these random apps may have some merit, like a twitter app or one of the location based things that tell you what is in the area. I just don't like that the only way to remove them is by rooting ones phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

jayman350

Reaction score
I do like the fact that it is pure vanilla android. I don't like the fact that it will be $300 for a prepaid phone.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

XnTriumph

Reaction score
I agree

I hate how it's gonna be so expensive, the upside is that with everything combined it's still cheaper than everyone else although the phone is $300. I want a Triumph :greendroid: