Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Motorola Announces Photon 4G on Sprint, Triumph on Virgin Mobile

motopho4gtri.jpg

This afternoon in New York City, Sprint and Motorola's press event has revealed the Photon 4G, along with the Motorola Triumph on Virgin Mobile pre-paid.

Available Photon 4G specs:

• qHD display
  • dual-core Tegra 2
  • A gigabyte of RAM

• The Photon 4G's screen measures in at 4.3 inches
  • Motorola's laptop dock.
  • Gingerbread-running Photon 4G will include a GSM modem for international support.

Motorola's Triumph has:

• 4.1-inch 800x480 WVGA screen
  • Contender for thinnest smartphone, is respectably slender at a hair over a centimeter thick.
  • 512MB of RAM and runs a MSM8655 Snapdragon, presumably at 1GHz.
  • Rear five-megapixel camera for 720p video recording
  • HDMI-out
  • Android2.2
This is the first Motorola Phone on Virgin Mobile,

Both the Photon 4G and Triumph will become available this summer.

Motorola%20Photon%20GHLks.jpg

triumph.jpg

For More Specs:Sprint Newsroom | Motorola Photon 4G fact sheet
Source: PocketNow Via:Motorola

Last edited:

cdguylhs

Reaction score
I wonder if this means that the Verizon announcement will be soon?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
If the Bionic has a GSM radio like this does, I'll be all over it.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Ok dumb question time.

I keep a jailbroken 3GS on hand for when I travel. When I go to Europe I usually stop in a Tim or Vodaphone shop and I pickup a simcard for around €60. I pop it in and after booting I'm off and running with a phone that I tether and link to skype, etc. I get 5GB of data and unlimited text and voice time for 30 days.

I travel overseas for fun several times a year so it's not like work picks up the tab. With a phone like this do you insert a simcard overseas or are you just essentially roaming and paying through the nose when you get back?

jayman350

Reaction score
vanilla android from Moto?!?! Depending on the rest of the specs, I would be interested in the Triumph.

My gf has been giving me a hard time about my cell bill being $85+ when she is on a $25/month deal w/ Virgin Mobile on her LG Optimus V. I kept telling her that once Virgin gets better smarphones I would consider it.

jayman350

Reaction score
Can you Believe it? Virgin Mobile is getting an Stock Android Device with no bloatware.

there will be bloatware on it. Virgin loaded up at least 5 different useless apps on my gf's Optimus V, she won't let me root it to remove them.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Ok dumb question time.

I keep a jailbroken 3GS on hand for when I travel. When I go to Europe I usually stop in a Tim or Vodaphone shop and I pickup a simcard for around €60. I pop it in and after booting I'm off and running with a phone that I tether and link to skype, etc. I get 5GB of data and unlimited text and voice time for 30 days.

I travel overseas for fun several times a year so it's not like work picks up the tab. With a phone like this do you insert a simcard overseas or are you just essentially roaming and paying through the nose when you get back?

If you get the SIM slot unlocked (which Verizon will do for free if you're a customer in good standing...I don't know about Sprint), you can insert a SIM card overseas. You could go with international roaming, but like you said, you'll pay through the nose.

I have a Droid Pro that's SIM unlocked. Works great here on Verizon and works great overseas with local SIM cards. I travel extensively and I have no plans to switch from Verizon here at home, so I need a phone that's global capable.

Dwyndal

Reaction score
Virgin is sporting a OG Droid haha awesome, photon isn't bad looking either.

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Everything I want in a Motorola smartphone for Verizon. Even apparently has an unlocked boot loader.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState