Moto X and pdanet/foxfi

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
I'm considering upgrading from my Droid Razr to the Moto X. Does anyone know if you can still WIFI tether with the pdanet/foxfi app? I searched the forum but got way to many hits to read them all.

TatDroid

Reaction score
Pretty sure Foxfi will not tether via wifi for the Moto X (or any other Kit Kat phone). But I think USB tether works.

OP
brucin

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
Pretty sure Foxfi will not tether via wifi for the Moto X (or any other Kit Kat phone). But I think USB tether works.

Well now I have two potential deal breakers. No tether and no HDMI out. I use that extensively when I travel. I will have to wait for the next super phone from Moto.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Well now I have two potential deal breakers. No tether and no HDMI out. I use that extensively when I travel. I will have to wait for the next super phone from Moto.
Good luck with Tether on future Moto's. If it's not a developer edition, you'll most likely never have it on an unlimited plan at least. I can't comment on HDMI, never used it.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Good luck with Tether on future Moto's. If it's not a developer edition, you'll most likely never have it on an unlimited plan at least. I can't comment on HDMI, never used it.

FoxFi has issues with all 4.4.2 KitKat devices I believe. It's not just a Motorola issue. And both the regular Moto X and the Developer Edition are available to buy for cheap off contract. They might even be the same price. Buying any phone (not just developer editions) off contract allows you to keep unlimited data if you already have it. The benefit of the Developer Edition is that the bootloader can be unlocked (for easy root, ROMs, etc.), not so that you can keep unlimited data.

OP
brucin

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure

I will wait till PDAnet fixes the issues with KitKat then get an off contract phone to keep my data plan.