FoxFi/PdaNet

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if FoxFi/Pda net works for wireless tether on the G2? I'm still on unlimited and plan on staying that way so I definitely want to keep FoxFi working.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Just did a search and found a thread on another forum stating it does not work on the VZW G2. But this was as of September.

jrouss

Reaction score
No luck here

Just did a search and found a thread on another forum stating it does not work on the VZW G2. But this was as of September.

PDANet+ is a no go for me as well. It fails when I try and activate the wifi.

Vakharn

Reaction score
Anyone know if FoxFi/Pda net works for wireless tether on the G2? I'm still on unlimited and plan on staying that way so I definitely want to keep FoxFi working.

How did you manage to upgrade your phone without losing unlimited? They wouldn't let me keep it when I upgraded to the G2.

jrouss

Reaction score
How did you manage to upgrade your phone without losing unlimited? They wouldn't let me keep it when I upgraded to the G2.

I had multiple lines so, I transferred the upgrade from my line to a line I that did not have unlimited data. I got the phone and activated it on the line that had unlimited. This allows you to keep your unlimited plan.

huskur

Reaction score
This may be a android OS thing here on the G2 similar to the S4 and Note 3. Set up a screen lock and then try it. It may work even though showing an error message.

With the note 3 all you have to do it turn on foxfi let it give you the error message then just hit your "home" button and it works as usaul

Vakharn

Reaction score
I had multiple lines so, I transferred the upgrade from my line to a line I that did not have unlimited data. I got the phone and activated it on the line that had unlimited. This allows you to keep your unlimited plan.

That's incredibly devious. I like it. Pity I didn't know about it before I got my phone. Ah well, I rarely use more than 1gb/month these days now that I have wifi at work, at home, and half the other places I go too.

jrouss

Reaction score
I tried this

No luck. Works on tether and blue-tooth but no luck with wifi.

I am referring to Huskur's post.

comk4ver

Reaction score
That's fine with me since all I do is Tether! +1 LG2

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
i hate that i have to enable a screen lock to use it! I dont want a screenlock :(

comk4ver

Reaction score
So I got my G2, but I haven't been able to get USB on either clockworkmod tether nor pdanet+ to work apparently the drivers are the issue I have tried using the latest LG drivers from the website and the ones on both koushik website and the ones on pdanet+ website. Yes, I have developer's options on the phone enabled. Software edition is in the picture.
I've tried changing from charging, mtp, and camera on the phone. I did the LG Flash tool, with the flashv151.dll firmware update with mega unlock.
What am I missing?

Edited: Rooting now! See you guys on the flip.
qy6usuzu.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk