Gave up on Foxfi, going with Pdanet

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I tried a while back to use Foxfi (wifi) when I got ICS but it didn't work as most of you already know because you tried too. So I bought a bluetooth dongle with the hopes of using that to tether. Well, I got my laptop connected to my phone but I saw this warning about calling customer service to tether. Foxfi does have an option to hide the tether but it only works with wifi.:mad:

However all was not lost. As usual, thanks to the awesome members in here I found Pdanet. It works great. I don't mind usb tethering so this is perfect. It has an option to hide the tether too. So if you're looking for a tethering app try Pdanet. There are also drivers you have to download onto your computer but the link for them comes with the app. Happy Tethering everyone!!! ilovedf

Xander Crews

Reaction score
I used to use PdaNet all of the time, and it worked fine.
But I've had issues with it recently. If it does connect, the connection doesn't last long. And the price to buy the full version is kind of steep IMO. Isn't it like $30? ...scratch that, it's $16. I know it was about $30 a year or so ago.

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I tried it last night for about 10 minutes and it worked fine. I'll give it a real test this weekend when I'm camping. I know, a laptop when I'm camping? I camp in a travel trailer, what can I say, I like roughing it. I'll be heading out on Thursday and my family won't be there until Friday evening so I need something to do.

Last edited:

Taco

Reaction score
Foxfi popped back up in the market on my Rezound the other day. I got all excited for nothing. It still won't work.

Sent from my stock rooted ICS Rezound using Droid Forums!