Non-Root Tether Options?

zanshin825

Reaction score
Hi, guys. I'm new to the Rezound coming from a Bionic. On the Bionic, I was able to use FoxFi for my wireless tethering needs. I tried it today on the Rezound, and it failed. After searching, I found that FoxFi is a problem for HTC phones. What I didn't find in the search, though, were consistent answers for my other options.

I'm trying to avoid rooting at this point, because it seems like a little bit of a pain in the ass and because we're so close to the ICS release. That said, I do need to tether on occasion for work purposes.

Can anyone here help me better understand my options to successfully tether with the Rezound?

I'd really appreciate your insight.

Thanks.

Mike8016

Reaction score
I would just root it then download voodoo Ota root keeper to keep root during the update

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

ozo012

Reaction score
Hi, guys. I'm new to the Rezound coming from a Bionic. On the Bionic, I was able to use FoxFi for my wireless tethering needs. I tried it today on the Rezound, and it failed. After searching, I found that FoxFi is a problem for HTC phones. What I didn't find in the search, though, were consistent answers for my other options.

I'm trying to avoid rooting at this point, because it seems like a little bit of a pain in the ass and because we're so close to the ICS release. That said, I do need to tether on occasion for work purposes.

Can anyone here help me better understand my options to successfully tether with the Rezound?

I'd really appreciate your insight.

Thanks.

When I first got my Rezound I was going to see how long I could go without root but only lasted about a day. I realized I missed root. AFAIK the only way to get root on the Rezound was to unlock the bootloader which is simple enough and then to push Superuser for Root through a recovery like Amon RA. Just remember if you unlock your bootloader it will do a factory reset of the phone. I didn't bother with a temp root but I'm sure that could do the trick for you, just realize that you'll probably lose it after a reboot. I think there are some answers on Google for temp root, I'll take a look for you.

Chris

Last edited:

ozo012

Reaction score
Temp root video: [video=youtube;aj6WcMPqsDc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj6WcMPqsDc[/video]

I'm not sure if this method still works as it is 5 months old.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Temp root video: [video=youtube;aj6WcMPqsDc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj6WcMPqsDc[/video]

I'm not sure if this method still works as it is 5 months old.

Temp root no longer works. Here are your best tethering options

Wired/BT:
Barnacle
PDA-NET
Clockwork Tether

Wifi(root)
Wifi-Tether
Foxfi(Which doesn't work with the Rezound)

Wifi(non-root)
4G hotspot(paid)