don't Update to new foxfi wifi teather

HowardZ

Reaction score
The new foxfi will randomly work from a few minutes to 30 minutes, then stop.

The foxfi people now want everyone to pay for it. The free version is becoming a try-it for a few minutes before you buy it version.

Of course this isn't a big issue for rezound users, as it doesn't work anyway.

I am rooted and use the free wifi teather

http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/downloads/list

Last edited:

vatothe0

Reaction score
Unbelievable that the dev wants to get paid. Work for free like the rest of us!!

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
They are starting to send automatic updates to older versions making them no longer work. Won't have a choice much longer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

delcopa

Reaction score
They are starting to send automatic updates to older versions making them no longer work. Won't have a choice much longer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Always others options if you for I know there is another free one. Or sure someone will make another one too. That's how some apps become top then next thing you know they do something stupid and everyone forgets they even existed and go somewhere else.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
@delcopa. More PA love...and even better Delco! That's it, I'm throwing a PA Droidforums party...at someone else's house.

OT The original wifi tether never stopped working. Also, you can always uninstall FoxFi updates or use Titanium backup to break it from the market so it won't update automatically.

delcopa

Reaction score
@delcopa. More PA love...and even better Delco! That's it, I'm throwing a PA Droidforums party...at someone else's house.

OT The original wifi tether never stopped working. Also, you can always uninstall FoxFi updates or use Titanium backup to break it from the market so it won't update automatically.

Lol parties at other people's houses always work :) bet you would get a great turnout and all the droids would be there :) I only used foxfi like twice and both times it sucked not cause of the program but cause the connection was flaky I think.

I thought they crippled the older version that would be lame. Then it forces you to upgrade.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2