Moto Droid Supposedly Getting Froyo on 7/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Been a while since I've been on these boards....is the Droid Froyo push for tomorrow (13th) still being rumored?
Sure it is. Doesn't mean it's accurate though (hence the "rumored").

Don't count on rumors.

Tegamal

Reaction score
One thing I learned from rumored release dates: They are all the same time frame "Soon".

bradgsanford

Reaction score
So we getting this tomorrow or what? Any new bits of information? I can't root cause I got a mac with no access to windows so I don't need a hundred of you telling me to root.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So we getting this tomorrow or what? Any new bits of information? I can't root cause I got a mac with no access to windows so I don't need a hundred of you telling me to root.

There have been no further indications that this will happen tomorrow. And as I stated earlier if it does start tomorrow they will do it in slow increments and increase on a daily basis. For those of you trying to discover a pattern of distribution I guarantee you will not find one, whether you were on air touch or just coming from AT&T.

I was feeling good about the date two weeks ago, today I'm not so sure because I'm just not hearing anything.

lunargecko

Reaction score
Perhaps it would be viable for the Droid 1 to get the update. It would give would-be smartphone buyers another reason to buy it after the low stock of Droid Xs sell out.

molloybe

Reaction score
This might just be wishful thinking...but don't you think they'd have put out some kind of rumor killing "don't believe everything you read" statement by now?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

There have been no further indications that this will happen tomorrow. And as I stated earlier if it does start tomorrow they will do it in slow increments and increase on a daily basis. For those of you trying to discover a pattern of distribution I guarantee you will not find one, whether you were on air touch or just coming from AT&T.

I was feeling good about the date two weeks ago, today I'm not so sure because I'm just not hearing anything.

I am gonna comment on this a bit and please don't blow up my PM box for this one. On the Froyo release I am told that it could puch back to early August maybe 1st week of August and late August for the Droid X.

As far as distribution goes Hook is right. This will roll out over several days.

wvdroidman

Reaction score
what is the easiest way to root 2.1? Is it positive that 2.2 WILL NOT be out tomorrow? I want to make sure that it is NOT coming out tomorrow before i root and install a rom.

Status
Not open for further replies.