Moto Droid Supposedly Getting Froyo on 7/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I can't wait to see the posts at 11:59 on 07/12:

Did anyone get the update yet?
(repeat question 75 times in a row)

I heard that "X" in from Chicago in the other forum got it!
(next 20 posts asking for confirmation)

Did anyone get the update yet?
(repeat 80 times)

Repeat all of that chain of posts for days and days. Then everyone gets sick of waiting and no longer cares... Then it gets released.

Do you know if "X" from Chicago copied the update.zip file off the SD card before installing so that we can install it manually? :D

OP
B

brando56894

Reaction score
Whats funny is how people will try to figure out how it's being distributed. They think there is some type of method of distribution when in fact it's totally random. And no matter how many times I post it, this time included, it will be ignored and the investigation will continue.

I think they take the average age range of users in your area multiplied by the distance you are from the closest tower divided by the amount of time youve been a verizon customer to determine when you'll get the update lol

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
Verizon or just Verizon Wireless?

Sent from my Droid using TARDIStalk

LassieGal

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
LOL...if time with Verizon has anything to do with it, then hubby and I should be near the front of the list; we have been with Verizon since it was AirTouch.

7/13 would be nice...as random as last time I suspect, when my husband and I got ours days apart (we bought our Droids at the same place, same day, and signed up for Verizon [AirTouch] service the same day, same place as well).

mrvogt

Reaction score
July 13 Froyo push still rumored?

Been a while since I've been on these boards....is the Droid Froyo push for tomorrow (13th) still being rumored?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Been a while since I've been on these boards....is the Droid Froyo push for tomorrow (13th) still being rumored?

There hasn't been much talk about it which makes me think it won't happen.

In the past the rumored date is either in the end or the middle of a push. No reason it couldn't be the start date of the push but no matter, if they do start to push it tomorrow chances are you won't find it on your phone until several days later.

billyk

Reaction score
Thanks for the update Hook.
I was also wondering about this.

liam.

Reaction score
I was curious as to when we were getting it as well so I went into VZW and they were scratching their heads as if they had no idea to what I was talking about. One guy said probably not for a few weeks after the X release. But who knows...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

JCo352

Reaction score
One thing I have learned about updates, NEVER bank on a rumored release date.

FireDroid

Reaction score
I can see them doing it on the 13th to still give the OG Droid some cool factor and a reason to buy even though the X is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.