Moto Droid Supposedly Getting Froyo on 7/13

Discussion in 'Android News' started by brando56894, Jul 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    no, it doesn't mean that at all. in fact, there is every indication, from multiple sources, that 2.2 is coming to D1. 2.2 should keep you satisfied for the forseeable future... but now, everyone's attention is turning to gingerbread/3.0, which is rumored to be coming at the end of the year (which in VZW speak, more likely means spring or early summer of '11). there has been some early concerns (or more appropriately, speculation) that D1 may not be compatible for 3.0. waaaay too early to speculate, but my personal opinion (emphasis on "personal" and "opinion") is that there may be some issues with 3.0, especially since the D1 has been reported to be at the "End of Life" for VZW (Motorola DROID, the End is Near - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog).

my question to you (and i don't mean to be critical) would be why you would buy a D1 only 3 days ago? you may have gotten a smokin' deal on it, but i think recent events and releases reveal why... the DX has just been released, and it's a smokin' phone!! also, the Droid 2 is coming out next month. it is essentially the same mold as the D1, but it has a faster processor (1 ghz), more RAM, and a much improved physical keyboard. IMO, it would most likely be much more compatible with the rumored 3.0.

if you bought the D1 from a verizon store, if i were you i would return it (you can do so within 30 days) and get the D2. just for what it's worth....

2. Dave12308

Dave12308 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +50
    Actually, they did say it would get Flash.... Back when it launched, that was one of the key points (although at first it was supposed to come with 2.0.1; then it changed to 2.1, and now 2.2 - it was originally supposed to be here by Q2 2010)

Motorola has made it very clear that it will get 2.2 as well, what do you think frf84b is? It's a Froyo release candidate for Verizon.

3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    As soon as you become a moderator you can make those decisions. Until then this is the thread we are discussing the Froyo and the Droid. Latest information is around 8/7 first updates should go out.

4. HelloDroid

HelloDroid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Multi sources=Verizon statment! Would waste time and money on a product you have replaced?

5. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +319
    google said quite plainly that the Droid would get 2.2 - they wouldn't do that just to blow smoke

it might take Verizon longer than we want, but we'll get it

6. mth04

mth04 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For everyone wondering about this I want to be clear here

Verizion will offer 2.2 and i'm told future updates to "include 3.0 (gingerbread) for the Droid. I am also told that 2.2 is ready and we should see it roll on or about 08/07/2010..

further more Droid Incredible owners look for an OTA to roll soon as 2.1 update 2 and froyo in the near future as well. DX owners Froyo is scheduled for late August though I have not been given any specific dates on that one

7. paperdoll11789

Ratings:
    +0
    yea i was gonna say i read many many things saying the only phone that wont get it is the eris months ago from moto and a few good info sites

and as for the iphone comment i read something about apple trying to get flash up and running but that one may just be a rummor

8. bryanthecomputerguy

bryanthecomputerguy New Member

Ratings:
    +0

I got myself and my wife Droids on BOGO. $149.99 plus taxes. Is there confirmation that the D2 will be out next month and the price? I bought the phones on Verizonwireless.com

9. huskerkate

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
  10. bryanthecomputerguy

bryanthecomputerguy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anything official from Verizon. Because you know I have heard for 3 years on the Internet that Verizon is going to get the iPhone any day now. Hell Bloomberg had an article about:

Verizon Wireless Said to Start Offering IPhone in January - Bloomberg

11. huskerkate

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    also, check out this youtube video, with an actual D2 in hand. seems pretty official to me...

12. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    We have drifted off topic gang. This is about Froyo and the Motorola Droid.

Kindly stay on topic. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
droid 5
scrap space android

scrapspace android

scrapspace droid