More Specs Leak for Two Different Samsung Galaxy S5 Smartphones

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-galaxy-s5-artist-concept.jpg

Above are just some random concept renders found on the web.

As has been the case for some time now, it appears that Samsung will launch their next flagship smartphone with two different versions. Lately we have seen several new rumors suggesting conflicting hardware specs. Today additional rumors seem to continue that trend; however, there's something new and intriguing about this new intel.

Some new AnTuTu benchmarks popped up online with results for two different Galaxy S5 devices. One is labeled as a “Prime” model and the other is labeled as a “Standard” model. Each one has different specs. Here's the breakdown:

Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime SM-G900R4 -
  • 2560 x 1440 (2K) display
  • 2.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 (AC) processor & Adreno 330 GPU
  • 3GB of RAM
  • 32GB of storage
  • 16-megapixel camera
  • 2-megapixel front-facing camera
  • Android 4.4.2 KitKat
Samsung Galaxy S5 Standard SM-G900H -
  • 1920 x 1080 (Full HD) display
  • 1.5GHz octa-core Exynos 5422 processor & ARM-Mali-T628 GPU
  • 2GB of RAM
  • 16GB of storage
  • 16-megapixel camera
  • 2.1-megapixel front-facing camera
If this new rumor turns out to be true, then it definitely sheds some light on why we have been seeing conflicting reports. Luckily we will know the full details in just a few weeks.

Source: BGR

jspradling7

Reaction score
If the S5 looks like that pic I'll be skipping this generation of Galaxy devices. That's one ugly phone. Too thin and too much chin.

Caesars

Reaction score
Hehe me too, if I wanted a z1s I would buy one.

I wonder what manufacturer will lead the hardware war this year with newer processors?

Nexus5/iPhone5s

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
If the S5 looks like that pic I'll be skipping this generation of Galaxy devices. That's one ugly phone. Too thin and too much chin.

I agree. I assume that it would come with USB 3.0 as well.

wardo

Reaction score
Not feeling the look of those pictures.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
not saying the report is real or fake but the image looks a lot like ics.

nexusgalaxy.jpg

243664-android-4-0-ice-cream-sandwich.jpg

Bara65

Reaction score
I saw that picture from two years ago in days of GS3 rumors. I'm 100% sure S5 won't be like that.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Those are just some concept pics found randomly on the web. The story was about the specs not the pics. I would have made mention in the title and article if there were pics to come with it. ;)

jspradling7

Reaction score
Those are just some concept pics found randomly on the web. The story was about the specs not the pics. I would have made mention in the title and article if there were pics to come with it. ;)

Yeah, that pic has been around a while. I was just saying that if the phone does come out looking like that I'm gonna pass on something that ugly. : )

Rhino94

Reaction score
I would totally be cool if the S5 looks like that first picture. If not I'm still hoping for it to look pretty good