More Leaks Suggest 2K Display Version of Samsung Galaxy S5

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-galaxy-s5-metal-body.jpg

There is mounting evidence that Samsung will indeed release a "Premium" version of the Galaxy S5 which includes a 2K display and other high-end features. According to this latest intel, four SM-G906K units shipped from South Korea for “R&D purposes.” To be clear, several Galaxy-branded devices were previously spotted in shipping manifests just like this one, right before Samsung launched them.

This is still flimsy evidence, but taken with the other intel we have gathered over the last several months seems to suggest a bigger picture. One of the biggest pieces of evidence was a benchmark which leaked online of an SM-G906S handset. The specs for that version of this device were very stout. Here's a refresh:

• 5.2-inch display with 2560 x 1440 resolution
  • 2.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor with Adreno 420 GPU
  • 3GB of RAM
  • 32GB of storage
  • 16-megapixel camera
  • 2-megapixel front-facing camera
  • Android 4.4.2 KitKat
On top of this new intel, a screenshot of a device called the Galaxy S5 Prime Zauba has appeared online, which is what you see in the pic above. Even though Samsung has denied they are working on a "premium" Galaxy S5, all signs point otherwise. What do you think they are up to?

Source: BGR

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Must be a slow day in geek land. I say it is all just wishful thinking, Samsung is not going to kill their S5 flagship phone for 2014, and also piss off millions of it's costumers, I say this might be the next Note 4, but not S5.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
If this happens, screw Samsung. Its like they decided to just throw all the 'left over' parts into the phone and when they finish up those parts, they'll start selling the actual S5 but call it a premium version or something stupid.

KaChow

Reaction score
samsung-galaxy-s5-metal-body.jpg

There is mounting evidence that Samsung will indeed release a "Premium" version of the Galaxy S5 which includes a 2K display and other high-end features. According to this latest intel, four SM-G906K units shipped from South Korea for “R&D purposes.” To be clear, several Galaxy-branded devices were previously spotted in shipping manifests just like this one, right before Samsung launched them.

This is still flimsy evidence, but taken with the other intel we have gathered over the last several months seems to suggest a bigger picture. One of the biggest pieces of evidence was a benchmark which leaked online of an SM-G906S handset. The specs for that version of this device were very stout. Here's a refresh:

• 5.2-inch display with 2560 x 1440 resolution
  • 2.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor with Adreno 420 GPU
  • 3GB of RAM
  • 32GB of storage
  • 16-megapixel camera
  • 2-megapixel front-facing camera
  • Android 4.4.2 KitKat
On top of this new intel, a screenshot of a device called the Galaxy S5 Prime Zauba has appeared online, which is what you see in the pic above. Even though Samsung has denied they are working on a "premium" Galaxy S5, all signs point otherwise. What do you think they are up to?

Source: BGR

I really don't understand why Samsung can't release a device and then feel they have to do it again. If I owned a S5 and I saw this, I would take it back to my carrier and ask for refund. Why would Samsung launch the S5 and then 2 weeks later announce a beefed up Samsung S device that is basically in the S5 line-up? This is just wrong...

Last edited:

Caesars

Reaction score
Well if I bought the s5 on launch and this came out a few weeks later, I'd definitely return my s5. However if this comes out in q4 I probably wouldn't care, I'm pro multi phones a year :).

Besides we all know the note 4 will crush every other phone for 6 months after it's released.

Note 3 ~ 5s