Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini Pictured and Specs Leaked

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-s5-mini-4.jpg

Several pics are leaked of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini. It looks pretty much as you would expect it to look... it is a smaller version of the Galaxy S5 flagship. Of course, it has lower end specs. In fact, one could hardly call this an S5 Mini. The specs are a bit middling:

• 4.5-inch 720p Super AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3
  • 1.4GHz Exynos 3 Quad processor
  • 450GHz quad-core Mali-400 MP4 GPU
  • 1.5GB of RAM
  • 16GB of storage
  • 8-megapixel camera
  • 2.1-megapixel front-facing camera
  • LTE, Wi-Fi 801.11n, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, IR, NFC, GPS
  • Fingerprint scanner
  • Heart rate sensor
  • Android 4.4.2 KitKat with TouchWiz
  • IP67 certification
Overall, we can't say these specs are bad. In fact, if the phone comes in an affordable price, this is a fairly good bargain for some folks. We will let you know those details when we have them. In the mean-time, check out the source link below for more pics.

Source: BGR

SpeJ3435

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
64GB White Nexus 6
Once again another phone that is released with a small screen that is robbed of proper specs. Just make the S5 with a smaller screen.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Once again another phone that is released with a small screen that is robbed of proper specs. Just make the S5 with a smaller screen.
You make a good point. It's evident that they are targeting the middle market. Peeps that don't want a 5+" screen or horsepower.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
For whatever reason, I didn't expect them to keep the fingerprint scanner, ip67, or heart rate monitor. I wonder if this is the item my Samsung rep said was being released on Fri

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Thinkfreshdell

Reaction score
Yeah I believe the S5 mini could have been designed so much better. Specially with specs.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah I believe the S5 mini could have been designed so much better. Specially with specs.

Yep, more than "just missed"....First, I think 4.7" is more of the sweet spot. Second, no reason not to give this at least 2gigs of ram. I don't quibble with 720p, but bumping that to full 1080p shouldn't have been a big deal.

I just DO NOT understand why OEM's continue to think that people who don't want big screens don't want high-end specs. Heck, what about people that want bigger screens but don't want to pay for all the other high-end specs?

For as many phones and makers in the market, there's a fairly disappointing diversity of choices.