Leaked Samsung Galaxy S5 Intel Suggests Very High-End Specs to Trump Next iPhone

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
iphone-6-vs-galaxy-s5.png

Some supposedly newly leaked intel on the Samsung Galaxy S5 has arrived. This new information contains a very thorough spec breakdown. These "new" rumored specs are very high-end and suggest Samsung is going for broke to try and trump any surprises from the Apple camp's next iPhone. Much of this intel seems to line up with previous rumors, but this seems even more solid than previous "leaks."

Here's the scoop,

• 2.5GHz quad-core Snapdragon chipset (likely 805) or an octa-core 64-bit Exynos SoC clocked at 2GHz - will vary by region and device model
  • 5.2- or 5.25-inch AMOLED display with WQHD (2K) resolution (2,560 x 1,440 pixels)
  • 3GB of RAM
  • 32GB/64GB/128GB storage options
  • 16-megapixel rear camera
  • 3.2-megapixel front-facing camera
  • Massive 3,200 mAh battery
  • All-metal case
Incidentally, this intel also seems to confirm some of the rumors regarding Apple's next iPhone, as you can see in the graphic above. This info was shared by South Korean brokerage firm KDB Daewoo Securities. They have a history of revealing accurate info on new upcoming devices. Still, as with all rumors, despite the solidness of the source, please take this with a grain of salt.

Source: BGR

jspradling7

Reaction score
I hope the battery IS going to be 3200 instead of the 2900 I've seen posted lately. And the Apple with 1800?

I'm still hoping the physical size of the S5 is the same as the S3 and S4.

Asgard

Reaction score
Why does those iPhone renders look like the HTC one?

Also, I hate when android manufacturers just try to 1-up apple. Android is suppose to be a completely different experience, not just "we are iOS but better". But I guess they have to go where the money is.
At least we have the freedom of custom ROMs

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I love the thought of 128gigs internal storage PLUS and SD card.

But 5.2" is just too big of a screen for me. Also, probably never find a version over 32gigs in the US.

Some article I saw the other day claimed people just don't want or buy the phones with more storage. I think that is misleading, because there are no options for a little less display or cpu....$100 for more storage on top of all the other premium specs is understandably a bit steep. But if people actually had a choice for more storage instead of a 2k display....

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Why does those iPhone renders look like the HTC one?

Also, I hate when android manufacturers just try to 1-up apple. Android is suppose to be a completely different experience, not just "we are iOS but better". But I guess they have to go where the money is.
At least we have the freedom of custom ROMs
I'm on the same boat. Spec-wise there are a few Android devices out now that already 1-up the iPhone. However, the one thing Apple has and will always have over Android is optimization (for obvious reasons). I think that's the next step for Android. You can put the strongest of processors, the highest quality camera, endless amounts of RAM, but in the end if there is even a hiccup in performance, that's what users will notice most. That's not to say Android isn't inching towards that path, take a look at the new Moto devices, smooth as butter and can run with the best of the best in Android.

Android manufacturers have long won this "spec-race" imo. So to me, it's an almost meaningless step forward for Android and manufacturers in general. Optimize your UI you lace over Android and provide a more fluid experience with features that aren't over-the-top and intuitive.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't know, I had an IPad 2 and I never thought IOS was nearly as smooth or flawless as people claim. It has some nice apps, but I thought the OS was grossly inferior to Android on multiple levels. Reminded me very much of a bare-bones automobile that despite it's relative simplicity still didn't run any better.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
I'm curious to see how the metal one looks and feels. I've never been impressed with the plastic models. My only hesitation with buying one is that I'd lament not having a physical keyboard.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
The S5 render looks nice. Wish they would band their devices with an "S5" logo instead of the word "Samsung" everywhere, but that's a small quick.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
That display is going to CONSUME the battery. Om nom nom.

Caesars

Reaction score
I was really hoping both phones would be a top notch launch l, if the iPhone launches with that 1800mah battery. ...lol.

Note 3 ~ 5s

silverfang77

Reaction score
Will the battery be removable?

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

jspradling7

Reaction score
Will the battery be removable?

I was wondering the other day if this was something I was even worried about anymore. With my Charge, Rezound, GNex, I was always replacing batteries. But with the S3 I hardly ever had to replace it, and with the S4 I never have. I'm what I call light user though, and I can always find a cable plugged in somewhere close to get a boost during the day if i need one. If the metal S5 has a non-replaceable battery I won't be too concerned.

silverfang77

Reaction score
If anything goes wrong with the battery, you lose the phone.

jspradling7

Reaction score
If anything goes wrong with the battery, you lose the phone.

Not necessarily. The batteries can be replaced, you just have to take it apart some. I've replaced glass and LCD's, I'm not worried about being able to change a battery.