More screens without root?

jarby

Reaction score
Hello all!

Please excuse my noobness......and I'm sure this has been answered somewhere else. I've been reading through the threads but can't seem to find a concrete answer. Or maybe I'm not looking hard enough...don't know.

Can anyone please tell me what would be the best choice of app to get that would allow for more screens on the Droid?
I'm not worried about paying. I just want to have more than 3 screens.

I'm sure rooting is the best answer, but I'm not THAT tech savvy and with my luck I'll end up with a $500 paper weight.

I appreciate any info that you can provide. Thanks for your help.
I won't be able to reply to about 10pm tonight.....so don't think I posted and just left you all hanging.

Thanks again,
Jarby

keithsmith22

Reaction score
Go with Helix Launcher and you are set. The Helix Launcher 2 causes to many problems on the Droid.

etx_droid

Reaction score
Another vote for Helix Launcher...it just works with minimal force closures and gives you shortcuts.

OP
jarby

jarby

Reaction score
Thanks all for the info....I'll test them out and find the best one for me!

Awesome! I was worried I was going to have to attempt to root.......I got scared..

OP
jarby

jarby

Reaction score
gonna try helix 1....see how it goes.

OP
jarby

jarby

Reaction score
Soooo.....I gave Helix 1 a shot. It wasn't too bad. The only thing I didn't like was a few force closes. But every time I would go from landscape mode to full screen mode, there was a significant lag. It was just annoying the heck out of me.

I don't know if it's my phone or Helix. Uninstalled for now.

NEXT!

OP
jarby

jarby

Reaction score
I know I'm talking to myself here... :)

I installed Zeam....it's simplistic, but fast and no force closes! Yay!

So far, so great! I recommend *thumbs up*

P.S. Homeswitcher is great as well. Keeps me from going through the tedious task of setting everything up every time I install a home app. Just a thought.

SixEighteen

Reaction score
I know I'm talking to myself here... :)

I installed Zeam....it's simplistic, but fast and no force closes! Yay!

So far, so great! I recommend *thumbs up*

P.S. Homeswitcher is great as well. Keeps me from going through the tedious task of setting everything up every time I install a home app. Just a thought.
I tried Helix as well, and wasn't a fan. I'll definitely try Zeam and Homeswitcher, thanks very much!