Best application for more screens

givmedew

Reaction score
After the 2.1 update, I tried Helix and, for me, it's perfect. I wanted more screens and the icons on each screen and that's what Helix does - no less and no more. I went for all 7 screens because with the double tap you can quickly get to any screen. Also, I keep one screen empty so I can 'test' run any new widget without getting the dreaded 'no room' message.

Where do you double tap to move from one screen? Do you mean you dont have to swipe to move from screen to screen?

Double tap on an empty spot on the screen or between 2 icons and you will see the previews of all our screens!

Laramie

Reaction score
Helix is the best looking IMO, but after trying it a few times im still getting FC's when I never had them before.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

givmedew

Reaction score
Helix is the best looking IMO, but after trying it a few times im still getting FC's when I never had them before.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Never had this issue on Helix 1 with blackdroid or cyanogenmod. I do not use Helix 2 even with cyanogenmod as I do not like the 3d app drawer. I am unsure how well Helix works on stock 2.01 or 2.1 as I have not tried it!

crazyflopper

Reaction score
got the 2.1 few days ago and tried helix today
it works perfect
can have up to 7 screens but no need for that much though
i still only use 3 screens and have more than enough room

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
So I downloaded Helix 1 it gives me the 3 screens, but how do i configure the setting so it gives me 7?
Answered my own question. Thanks

Just hit your regular menu button. You will see configure and then your first choice of screen size. that is where you select the amount of screens.

vonfink13

Reaction score
i had gde for a while, but the fc's and the lag were ridiculous...i just got 2.1 and loaded helixlauncher and it is very smooth...i did get the fc loop when i tried to go from 6 to 5 screens...i really wanted to avoid the factory reset so with very quick fingers i was able to access the settings and app manager(in-between fc pop ups) then i uninstalled helix and then re-installed it and then 5 screens and now...no problems...

dihtn

Reaction score
I have Home ++ and had been having isues with force-closes up until the 2.1 update. It seems to be working very well now.

givmedew

Reaction score
i had gde for a while, but the fc's and the lag were ridiculous...i just got 2.1 and loaded helixlauncher and it is very smooth...i did get the fc loop when i tried to go from 6 to 5 screens...i really wanted to avoid the factory reset so with very quick fingers i was able to access the settings and app manager(in-between fc pop ups) then i uninstalled helix and then re-installed it and then 5 screens and now...no problems...

Not sure but that may have happened from not fallowing instructions. You need to remove all widgets from the screens if you are going down in size according to the developer!

If you had done that then weird!

I would recommend to everyone that they set up helix launcher the way they like before selecting it to be the primary!

Also I'm not sure if this matters as for performance or not but to be safe I always delete everything off of the factory launcher before running another launcher just in case it uses memory.

solorca

Reaction score
Personally, I don't recommend any homescreen replacements. I've used most of them (didn't try dxtop because it costs and the reviews suggest tons of force closes), and they all make my droid lag...even when I am overclocked.

Helix LOOKED like it had potential, but it got in the constant force close loop. I've heard people mention this on Helix2, but it definitely can happen on Helix1 as well.

vonfink13

Reaction score

Not sure but that may have happened from not fallowing instructions. You need to remove all widgets from the screens if you are going down in size according to the developer!

If you had done that then weird!

I would recommend to everyone that they set up helix launcher the way they like before selecting it to be the primary!

Also I'm not sure if this matters as for performance or not but to be safe I always delete everything off of the factory launcher before running another launcher just in case it uses memory.

I did not follow the directions..i had a feeling it was user error and not the fault of the dev or the app....

kudz

Reaction score
When I got my 2.1 update the other day I was super bummed about the 3 screens too but a few hours later saw a post about Helixlauncher and HELL. YES. 3, 5 or 7 screens. 4 icons wide on the full screen launcher, 4 fixed icons at the bottom that follow from screen to screen, home screen landscape mode support, etc, etc. Add the fact that it's free and you got yourself a winner. No problems since installing it and feel like I have a a whole new phone.

tkoehler

Reaction score
I just got updated over the weekedn to 2.1....tried a number of alternative home screens and right i am running Helix...no FC's yet...runs pretty smooth...just debating if i want to get Beautiful Widgets or not....

VolDroid

Reaction score
My phone just updated to 2.1 this morning and then I stumbled upon this thread. I'm now running Helix and am very happy with it. I love the 4 apps at the bottom that follow across the screens. No Fc's yet and no lag. :icon_ banana: