Best application for more screens

delux0

Reaction score
Alright, so i got my 2.1 update for the motorola droid today and was pretty upset when i found out that their are still only 3 screens! So my question is what would you guys recromend the best application is for adding more homescreens i know their are many out there. Thats my main question, my second question is if anyone know how much the live wallpapers use up the battery. Is it drastically?

Thanks!

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Alright, so i got my 2.1 update for the motorola droid today and was pretty upset when i found out that their are still only 3 screens! So my question is what would you guys recromend the best application is for adding more homescreens i know their are many out there. Thats my main question, my second question is if anyone know how much the live wallpapers use up the battery. Is it drastically?

Thanks!
I personally like the helix launcher. If you decide you want to try it out, don't DL Helix Launcher2, that is for the nexus and causes a constant loop force close on the droid. And let's be honest constant loop closes are about as sweet as a being pushed off a bridge.

Reaction score
+1 for helix and Dxtop

ive personally used both and they each have there pro's and con's. but in terms of whether or not you wanna pay for one then go with helix because its free.

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
I fell in love with sweeter home 2, 5 screens, and completely, and I mean completely customizable, you can squeeze more stuff on a screen, basically get about 1 more row of widgets

Champers

Reaction score
Helix user here, no complaints. (Although I still have it set to just 3 screens haha, I just wanted the bottom row of constant icons).

CatsTide

Reaction score
Helix user here, no complaints. (Although I still have it set to just 3 screens haha, I just wanted the bottom row of constant icons).
dxtop you can have 5 constant icons on the bottom....and customize them:icon_ banana:

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I fell in love with sweeter home 2, 5 screens, and completely, and I mean completely customizable, you can squeeze more stuff on a screen, basically get about 1 more row of widgets
I know it's still somewhat being tested out but have you had any FC's or noticed a big lag, also are you running 2.1?

jasonb

Reaction score
GDE for me. i'm using 4 screens right now. i had 5 up and it was fine, but i cleaned things up and now only use 4. the obsidian theme with the cube effect is sweet as hell.

dblj

Reaction score
I'm using Helix Launcher with 7 screens and love it. I finally bought an app too, I had to get the Beautiful Widgets. Well worth the $1.99

The Rick

Reaction score
another vote for helix. i've tried tons of stuff and its the only one that doesn't seem to be tons of force closes or really slow down the phone

BigRalphN

Reaction score
Helix. Dxtop is nice but may be more than you need. Dxtop also does that diamond screen change which was slow for ne. Still it is nice.

ToddClark

Reaction score
i dont know where you guys are seeing 7 screens. I just downloaded/installed helix, and yea, i went into the configure settings and put it at 7, but its not a FULL 7 screens. once it moves to the 3rd full screen, it only moves about a 1/4-1/2 inch at a time till it gets to the 7th time its moved. Am i missing something here or is that the way it works? I dont see that much of a reason for this app.