Code Scanner... Best and why?

enduser2941

Reaction score
Hey my Fav Droid friends!

Ok listen, I know this question is out there on every droid forum imaginable, however, please bare with me while I ask about it again but perhaps slightly different.

I am looking for a bar / QR code scanner. Now, again, I know this question is out there but the answers don't seem to answer my questions. I am fully aware of Bar Code Scanner, QR Barcode Scanner, ShopSavvy, AT&T Code Scanner (QR, UPC, DM), and many many more, you could even use Google Goggles to look up an item with out even scanning the code on it... However, what I would like to know is... Is there really a difference between these? What would make me choose one over the other? Do they connect to different databases? Are they connected to different Vendors? Other then the obvious of some scanners only being able to scan certain codes such as some only scan QR vs. Bar Codes ect. I am trying to just understand if there is any scanner that is better then another? Will one give you possibly more information then another? These questions generally are not asked / answered in any of the post I have read. Most posts are just answering the simple questions of who uses what, which is the best, blah blah blah! I would prefer an answer of not what is someone's personal favorite, but rather why should I choose one over the other, which would give me the most bang for the buck so to speak. So personal preferences aside. If some one would be kind enough to reply to this, I'm sure very overly asked question, I would greatly appreciate it. Again, I am not looking to know who thinks which one is the best, I would rather understand why someone would choose one over the other with the exception of the type of code it can scan.

If the answer is as simple as, the only difference IS the type of code it can scan, then please just let me know that and the post will be closed and I apologize for asking this overly asked question. Something tells me though, that there is a little more to these apps then just the type of code is can scan, if not, then there must me a lot of bored developers out there rewriting the same app.

Well there it is, thank you as always for entertaining my ridiculous question.

Thanks Guys!

EndUser

OP
E

enduser2941

Reaction score
Good Morning Droid Forums!!!! :) :) :) Just hoping someone might shed some light while having your morning coffee :)