Mobile Version of DroidForums.net

Randoa

Reaction score
Would it be possible to change the skin so that the Next Page link in a thread is above the Quick Reply area instead of below? It's annoying (to me) to have to hunt for the Next Page link, if it even exists, after reading the final post on each page.

Also, I don't know if this is a Skin issue or a browser issue but when I go back a page, it jumps to the top of the page instead of staying where I had scrolled to. So I then have to scroll it back down to where I was. When it initially loads after going back it's at the proper spot so it makes me think it is a JavaScript issue. Is that something that can be fixed?

rich.bingham

Reaction score
Thanks for the mobile site, much easier to navagate. Wasn't sure if it was intentional or not, but I thought I'd mention that the "Droid forum" link at the top of the page takes you back to the www page. I always find myself going for that link rather than the "forum" link to go to the forum page since it sticks out.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just saw this thread and look forward to giving it a shot on the 'ol droidster.

I would recommend, however, that an edit of the original post to add the appropriate QR code would make it easier to switch from the PC to the Droid.

OP
J

JohnDroid

Thanks for the mobile site, much easier to navagate. Wasn't sure if it was intentional or not, but I thought I'd mention that the "Droid forum" link at the top of the page takes you back to the www page. I always find myself going for that link rather than the "forum" link to go to the forum page since it sticks out.

I'll fix that.

OP
J

JohnDroid

Would it be possible to change the skin so that the Next Page link in a thread is above the Quick Reply area instead of below? It's annoying (to me) to have to hunt for the Next Page link, if it even exists, after reading the final post on each page.

Also, I don't know if this is a Skin issue or a browser issue but when I go back a page, it jumps to the top of the page instead of staying where I had scrolled to. So I then have to scroll it back down to where I was. When it initially loads after going back it's at the proper spot so it makes me think it is a JavaScript issue. Is that something that can be fixed?

I moved the next page link but I won't be able to fix the back button behavior

OP
J

JohnDroid

Just cleaned up the background images on the mobile site as well (behind posts) the bubble images were kinda horrible and now they look great!

Erich_F

Reaction score
I like the mobile version, too. However, I can't see a quick way to unread posts in a thread...what am I missing?

Erich

Xerozix

Reaction score
John, any chance of getting me a copy of the mobile site (for my own forum) :p Of course I'd credit you and whoever else worked on it.

Also, have you looked at VB plugins/products for automatically redirecting to the mobile site? I think it's a lot easier than redirecting, then going through and finding the same post again.

Droid Dude

Reaction score
Love the mobile web version! This rocks John. Just started using it so haven't seen any issues so far.
"Posted from my Droid"

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been said but you should contact Google Ads and get them to take off the AT&T banner in exchange for something more appropriate. just my $.02.

Other than that it looks great. But am I missing something? It would not let me quote in a reply on another thread.

Last edited: