DroidForums.net 1 Year Birthday!

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
bday.png

We are excited to announce that today is DroidForums.net's birthday! We are officially 1 year old. 1 year ago today we made the first post on the forums asking for new members to introduce themselves and boy have we been pleasantly surprised with the growth of the site. In that short time we've become one of the biggest sites on the internet just shy of 130,000 registered members.

The site has become a very helpful resource for not just Droid information but for all Verizon handsets that run on the Android Operating System. In addition, we try to post daily news on our front page that is relevant to Android and Verizon so our members don't have to go anywhere else to find out what's going on in the Android world. We also make our content available via RSS, Twitter and Facebook.

The kind of growth we've seen is due 100% to the entire community and moderation team. We'd like to take this time to thank you, the member for making this place what it is. We'd also like to thank everyone on the administration team and moderation team - their thankless job many times goes un-noticed and requires dedication and patience. So thank you to everyone involved who has made this possible.

As a small token of our appreciation, we'd like to make sure that everyone knows about our most recent offering, the DroidForums.net App.

Droid-Forums- App.png

TapaTalk has been one of the most widely used applications by our membership. We thought what better way to give back to the community than to make a version available for use on our site for free. We've done just that by partnering up with Tapatalk to bring you a DroidForums.net branded version of the TapaTalk Professional App - at zero cost. Totally gratis, and available today in the marketplace. (Announcement thread here: Introducing the DroidForums.net App)

QR-code-for-DroidForums.png

You can get the app a number of ways... simply load up your marketplace and search for "Droid Forums" and our app should be the first one listed (created by Droid Network). Or you could use the QR code or direct link as well.

We do ask that if you download the app to please rate it as well... while we prefer 5 star ratings (Thanks!) all we ask is that you rate the app and give us some feedback so we know if you are enjoying it or how we can approve it. To rate it please follow these steps:

• Download the App via the Marketplace
  • Install the App
  • Run the App
  • Exit the App
  • Go back into the Marketplace and find the App
  • Click on the "My Review" portion where the stars are and provide a rating

If you have an AppBrain.com account, we'd appreciate postitive feedback and marking us as 'installed' there as well. (Direct link to our AppBrain App page)

DroidForums.net Giveaways

Since we are always coming up with ways to give back to the community, we've also been running some contests lately. We posted a new contest today which will allow a lucky member out there to get a free OtterBox case for the most 'beat up, but functional' Droid Incredible out there. We also are still running a contest to giveaway 2 free Tonido Plug appliances... to enter we just ask that you do a review of the freely available Tonido Android App.

We will be running another case giveaway next week so stay tuned for more contests in the future!

shmoo

Reaction score
Happy Birthday! Thank you for all the work that you guys have done. I'm very happy to call this my home

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

barski

Reaction score
Happy B-day dancedroid . Its been a blast. Keep up the good work.

Cyberpolice

Reaction score
Its been a great experience and I appreciated the support from the community. Great job and happy birthday to this team. Thank you.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Happy Birthday to the greatest forum in all of the internets in all of the whole wide world. If anyone doesn't think it's the greatest I will literally fight you........ok not really but it's a great place with even greater people!

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So when should I be expecting my piece of cake in the mail for attending the party? :)

Good stuff guys. 130k members.. that's pretty huge. Like Ferris Bueller huge.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
congrats on one year going strong.

Version_3

Reaction score
Happy birthday Droid Forums, and here's to many more.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

SgtMike

Reaction score
Nice! This was the first forum I found when I got my droid last Nov. Only regret is not signing up earlier!