Mobile Site Assistance

Magdroid

Reaction score
I noticed the new look of the Droidforums.net

Can you PLEASE update your mobile site? It is really out of date and stale looking. I use the regular site on my droid, due to the look/feel of the mobile site. The mobile site would be much nicer to navigate through while I am on the go, and not at home on Wi-Fi.

Thank you Droidforums.net!

-Mag

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i think the mobile site is awesome....what do you mean by stale? what would you suggest they change? just curious.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Great part of the Droid is the webkit browser that gives us 'real' webpages... the mobile is nice but why use it when you can enjoy a full webpage!?

I know.... speed. Just saying is all :) Happy Droidin'

OP
M

Magdroid

Reaction score
Well, when you first goto m.droidforums.net the left navigation tabs are really crammed. The page makes you have to scroll left and right, which defeats the purpose of being a mobile site. The forums themselves look thrown together, yet really easy to read. The site is old-school green instead of the Droid Red + Black. Just wish they would toss the mobile site some love, instead of letting it wither and die. (just my opinion of course).

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well, when you first goto m.droidforums.net the left navigation tabs are really crammed. The page makes you have to scroll left and right, which defeats the purpose of being a mobile site. The forums themselves look thrown together, yet really easy to read. The site is old-school green instead of the Droid Red + Black. Just wish they would toss the mobile site some love, instead of letting it wither and die. (just my opinion of course).

are you sure yur in mobile view becuz i don't see anything crammed in. everything is beautiful on mine. yes it has a green theme but i dont know what you mean by you have to scroll left or right. i don't.

xliderider

Reaction score
Corinacakes, Congrats on the mod status. :)

I'd like to jump in on an existing thread rather than starting a new one, if I may.

I have a hard time navigating through the mobile site. Why isn't there a directory tree structure at the top of the page like Home, Directory, Devices, Motorola Droid when I am in the Motorola Droid forum instead of the three options Forum, Active Topics, and Search? It would make it a lot easier to back up one directory level to see all threads in the current forum one is in, instead of having to go through the Forum link again. :(

Also, am I missing something, or is there no way to quote someone's reply in a new reply using the mobile site? :confused:

Last edited:

jimistixx

Reaction score
I use the mobile site for speed (and I could care less about all your crazy avatars and sigs)

But I'd love to see the mobile site get the Droid Red/Black makeover.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Corinacakes, Congrats on the mod status. :)

I'd like to jump in on an existing thread rather than starting a new one, if I may.

I have a hard time navigating through the mobile site. Why isn't there a directory tree structure at the top of the page like Home, Directory, Devices, Motorola Droid when I am in the Motorola Droid forum instead of the three options Forum, Active Topics, and Search? It would make it a lot easier to back up one directory level to see all threads in the current forum one is in, instead of having to go through the Forum link again. :(

Also, am I missing something, or is there no way to quote someone's reply in a new reply using the mobile site? :confused:

thanks for the congrats! i understand what yur sayin...maybe there's just not enough room becuz it default ZoOms in. no there isn't a way to quote that i can see which bothers me as well. i just use the regular view so i get it all :D