Mobile Site Assistance

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by Magdroid, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Magdroid

Magdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I noticed the new look of the Droidforums.net

Can you PLEASE update your mobile site? It is really out of date and stale looking. I use the regular site on my droid, due to the look/feel of the mobile site. The mobile site would be much nicer to navigate through while I am on the go, and not at home on Wi-Fi.

Thank you Droidforums.net!

-Mag

2. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    i think the mobile site is awesome....what do you mean by stale? what would you suggest they change? just curious.

3. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    Great part of the Droid is the webkit browser that gives us 'real' webpages... the mobile is nice but why use it when you can enjoy a full webpage!?

I know.... speed. Just saying is all :) Happy Droidin'

4. Magdroid

Magdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, when you first goto m.droidforums.net the left navigation tabs are really crammed. The page makes you have to scroll left and right, which defeats the purpose of being a mobile site. The forums themselves look thrown together, yet really easy to read. The site is old-school green instead of the Droid Red + Black. Just wish they would toss the mobile site some love, instead of letting it wither and die. (just my opinion of course).

5. Corinacakes

Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    are you sure yur in mobile view becuz i don't see anything crammed in. everything is beautiful on mine. yes it has a green theme but i dont know what you mean by you have to scroll left or right. i don't.

6. xliderider

xliderider Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Corinacakes, Congrats on the mod status. :)

I'd like to jump in on an existing thread rather than starting a new one, if I may.

I have a hard time navigating through the mobile site. Why isn't there a directory tree structure at the top of the page like Home, Directory, Devices, Motorola Droid when I am in the Motorola Droid forum instead of the three options Forum, Active Topics, and Search? It would make it a lot easier to back up one directory level to see all threads in the current forum one is in, instead of having to go through the Forum link again. :(

Also, am I missing something, or is there no way to quote someone's reply in a new reply using the mobile site? :confused:

#6 xliderider, Jan 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  7. jimistixx

jimistixx New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use the mobile site for speed (and I could care less about all your crazy avatars and sigs)

But I'd love to see the mobile site get the Droid Red/Black makeover.

8. Corinacakes

Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    thanks for the congrats! i understand what yur sayin...maybe there's just not enough room becuz it default ZoOms in. no there isn't a way to quote that i can see which bothers me as well. i just use the regular view so i get it all :D