[MM Theme] 928Droid "Black" for ESE81 Pure Stock Rooted Droids

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
for some reason it still says that there is something wrong with the theme file? this is very strange...

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
for some reason it still says that there is something wrong with the theme file? this is very strange...

I have randomly gotten that message a couple of times, but was always able to go in and apply the theme anyway.

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
the settings widget still isnt themed do u think u could theme it ts the only thing missing, also i think no theme for youtube widget i believe, bu ti finally got it to work and it looks AMAZING.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
the settings widget still isnt themed do u think u could theme it ts the only thing missing, also i think no theme for youtube widget i believe, bu ti finally got it to work and it looks AMAZING.

The Settings Widget and YouTube widget (and other stock widgets) are not themed, the whole idea of this Theme was to make everything else match these stock widgets.

They are included in the theme in case you are going from another theme to this one so you can reset them to "stock".

Glad you got it working and like it! :)

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Updated "Black" Version 1.7

Downlaod link for new Version 1.7 in Post #1.

Changelog:

v1.7
  • Added GoogleApps.apk to theme, Red colored "Google" Icons in Contacts, Accounts and Sync pages (screen cap in Post #1)
  • Complete re-theme of Notification Bar Icons (see Icons below)
  • New Lock Screen Icons
  • Various tweaks/enhancements.
8229d1274028204-mm-theme-928droid-black-glass-ese81-pure-stock-rooted-droids-icons-theme.png

dclutter1

Reaction score
I love the look of your themes but I have a couple of issues where I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

I just installed your latest theme and the pulsar battery icon.

1. The battery icon doesn't blend in like it does in your pics. It's also not animated.

2. What do I have to do to change the font color from black to white in the pulldown? I've noticed a couple of things that appear with black text and obviously, it's hard to see.

Attachments

• pdss.jpeg
    pdss.jpeg
    36.4 KB · Views: 170
OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I love the look of your themes

Thanks!

......but I have a couple of issues where I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

I just installed your latest theme and the pulsar battery icon.

1. The battery icon doesn't blend in like it does in your pics. It's also not animated.

The shaded black is hard to get right in the "Black Theme" that you are using.. you can try the standard DroidPulsar Battery theme (it has transparent backgrounds) and see if you like it better...link is here.. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...81-pure-stock-rooted-droids-8.html#post476103

I will work some more on the back Pulsar and see if I can get it closer.

The "animation" only happens when you are charging...the lower the battery is the more animation there is. Each outer color is an other step in the power status of the battery. SO if you battery is already charged at 80 % when you plug in the charger then only the outer 2 rings will animate....if the battery is at only 10% then you will see the full animation. This is how the Droid system works, nothing can change that.

Plus if it animated when not on a charger it would defeat the purpose of being able to quickly see at a glance what the battery level is .:)

2. What do I have to do to change the font color from black to white in the pulldown? I've noticed a couple of things that appear with black text and obviously, it's hard to see.

That is app dependant and you would have to change the XML code in the non-stock apps to eliminate that issue. All of the stock apps are corrected for this in my themes, but doesn't cover all the 3rd partyand Market apps.

dclutter1

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I assume that's the black glass theme in the screenshot then? I tried installing it but MM was hanging up on 1/26. I'm at work right now so there's only so much I can do to troubleshoot. Can I just install one theme over top of another?

I figured I'd have to dig into the non-stock apps to change that text.

Again, great work on these themes.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Thanks for the suggestions. I assume that's the black glass theme in the screenshot then? I tried installing it but MM was hanging up on 1/26. I'm at work right now so there's only so much I can do to troubleshoot. Can I just install one theme over top of another?

I figured I'd have to dig into the non-stock apps to change that text.

Again, great work on these themes.

Yes the screenshot is Black Glass.

Which theme is hanging at "1/26", this doesn't sound like one of mine?

Yes you can install any of my themes on top of the other, the file counts are exactly the same in each theme.

Thanks, glad you like them!

dclutter1

Reaction score
It was the black glass theme that l was having a problem but when i got home where i had full access to my computer i got it installed fine. So, now ive got the black glass theme with the bg battery thing and it looks great.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
It was the black glass theme that l was having a problem but when i got home where i had full access to my computer i got it installed fine. So, now ive got the black glass theme with the bg battery thing and it looks great.

dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

Malithar

Reaction score
Loving your work 928! :D Thank you very much for posting.

Still somewhat new to the whole theming/romming deal, and I have a few questions. I came on-board the root boat with DM, but recently got tired of it randomly slowing down and closing out of apps, namely Maps. I've since switched to the 2.1 rooted ESE81 from Pete, and I've had nothing but top notch from it. Took my first swing at understanding kernals, and tried a LV 1.0 gHz, although it was giving me a lot of unresponsiveness from apps, and just function in general. Just switched to Chevy's 7-slow MV 1.0 gHz and all seems to be going well. :D

Loving the theme in general, although I've had an issue that I'm unsure of whats causing it. Since switching to the 2.1 ROM and this theme, my live wallpaper (left it the Neural Network you had, really like it) will sometimes crash when Handcent pops up for a text message. When this happens, it reverts to a random image that is saved on my phone, whether it be a wallpaper, or just a random picture. Any insight?

Also, I'm curious if there's a way to manually change certain aspects of the theme ourselves. The purple on the GPS doesn't quite do it for me. :(

Thank you very much for your hard work, and I look forward to any progress from you. :D

soops

Reaction score
installed

Thanks for your work 928. Installed the black theme last night and so far liking the understated "theme". First time using metamorph & applying theme & couldn't be any simpler. Thanks again.