928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Hi Guys,

This MetaMorph XML Theme works on 2.1 ESE81 "Pure Stock Rooted" ROMs or any ESE81 Based ROMs. See the apps/apks that are Themed in the list below. My Themes only update image files so they will not effect custom coded versions of apps.

Perfect Stock Smoothness, Speed and Stability, especially if no other themes have been applied.

This is an XML MM Theme that will change basically all App headers, footers, Menus and more to "Eclair Black". Also all Menu Icons are darkened to match. Notifications, Browser and Search Bars are also black.

In other words if you like the 2.1 "Eclair" Black like the stock widgets, you will love this. All stock Colored Icons etc. are retained with the exception of red borders on active text fields and the "Power Off Icons".

My theme has a unique method for working around the Notification Bar Clock color issue since Pure Stock Roms are not currently able to change the clock color. It is not perfect in Landscape mode, but am working on a fix.
UPDATE: Fix for Clock Background is to use my new Droid Pulsar Battery Status MM theme with "Black" backgrounds. Download Link: MM Theme- Droid Pulsar Battery Status with "Black"
8156d1273929768-mm-theme-928droid-black-glass-ese81-pure-stock-rooted-droids-pulsar-animation-2.gif

Direct themes of the following Native apps are included, it is recommended to apply all of them for a uniform look. Framework-Res theming shows up in all Market and 3rd Party apps.

AccountAndSyncSettings.apk
AlarmClock.apk
com.android.deskclock.apk "2.1 Desk Clock" (apk must be installed in System/app)
Browser.apk
Calculator.apk
CarDock.apk
com.helixproject.launcher.apk - (apk must be installed in System/app)
com.helixproject.launcher2.apk - (apk must be installed in System/app)
Camera.apk
Contacts.apk - added in Version 1.5
DownlaodProvider.apk - added in Version 1.4
Email.apk
GenieWidget.apk (News and Weather) - added in Version 1.6
Gmail.apk
GoogleApps.apk - added in v1.7
Launcher.apk - New 2.1 "Style" Launcher Theme (added Version 1.1)
MediaUploader.apk
Music.apk
Mms.apk
Phone.apk
Settings.apk
Talk.apk
Vending.apk
VoiceSearchWithKeyboard.apk
YouTube.apk - added in Version 1.6
framework-res.apk

As specified in the Theme File details, do the Framework-Res.apk last, it will either auto-reboot or you will get a screen to manually reboot. This only does a "partial reboot" and I recommend a full reboot after that to make everything smoother. Since so many apps are themed, the system will get faster as you use each of the newly themed apps after the first time. Also you will loose Home screen Shortcuts for some of the Native apps/Widgets after theming, just add them back again.

IF you have previously installed some other themes I would HIGHLY recommend at least pushing a stock 2.1 Framework-res.apk FIRST before installing my theme. A lot of themes I have seen have large thumbnail files in them which can effect overall performance.

Let me know your thoughts....keep in mind this is my first Theme...so go easy :)

Please do a search in this Forum if you are unfamiliar with MetaMorph theming.

Download Link: MM Theme - 928Droid "Black" for ESE81 V1.7

Changelog:

v1.7
  • Added GoogleApps.apk to theme, Red colored "Google" Icons in Contacts, Accounts and Sync pages (screen cap below)
  • Complete re-theme of Notification Bar Icons (see Icons below)
  • New Lock Screen Icons
  • Various tweaks/enhancements.
8229d1274028204-mm-theme-928droid-black-glass-ese81-pure-stock-rooted-droids-icons-theme.png

v1.6
  • Added Enhanced Tab Icons for Phone, Contacts, Brower/BookMarks, and Music apps.
  • Additional enhancements and tweaks
Custom Themed IME HTC Mod Keyboard shown in Screen Caps : HTC IME MOD Keyboard Themed by 928Droid

8231d1274029848-mm-theme-928droid-black-ese81-pure-stock-rooted-droids-lock-home-not-theme.png

8084d1273856280-mm-theme-928droid-black-ese81-pure-stock-rooted-droids-browser-theme.png

8085d1273856294-mm-theme-928droid-black-ese81-pure-stock-rooted-droids-phone-theme.png

8086d1273856346-mm-theme-928droid-black-ese81-pure-stock-rooted-droids-launcher-clock-theme.png

8087d1273856364-mm-theme-928droid-black-ese81-pure-stock-rooted-droids-music-theme.png

8088d1273856427-mm-theme-928droid-black-ese81-pure-stock-rooted-droids-genie-set-bw-theme.png

8089d1273856466-mm-theme-928droid-black-ese81-pure-stock-rooted-droids-market-cardock-theme.png

8090d1273856488-mm-theme-928droid-black-ese81-pure-stock-rooted-droids-search-contacts-theme.png

8093d1273857690-mm-theme-928droid-black-ese81-pure-stock-rooted-droids-volume-optionstheme.png

8227d1274027476-mm-theme-928droid-black-glass-ese81-pure-stock-rooted-droids-contacts-google-red-theme.png

Attachments

• Browser Theme.png
    Browser Theme.png
    136.6 KB · Views: 2,255
  • Phone Theme.png
    Phone Theme.png
    90.4 KB · Views: 2,220
  • Launcher Clock Theme.png
    Launcher Clock Theme.png
    354 KB · Views: 2,329
  • Music Theme.png
    Music Theme.png
    100.8 KB · Views: 2,144
  • lock home not theme.png
    lock home not theme.png
    311.2 KB · Views: 2,366

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Great Work Brother!!!!! I love Black Themes!!!!!

*edit your lock sliders need to have the draw9patch added to them and then recompiled, if you you need help with them let me know!!! also the text box in MMs app is orange when you click in it!, I think it would be cool if it was a red! Great Work!!! One last thing My Keyboard didnt change, although I did apply over another theme that could be the issue!! I want that keyboard Lol

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Great Work Brother!!!!! I love Black Themes!!!!!l

THANKS!! Me too!:)

*edit your lock sliders need to have the draw9patch added to them and then recompiled, if you you need help with them let me know!!!

Should have only been a n issue in Landscape mode, fixed in v1.0a, new link in OP. If there is something else please let me know.

also the text box in MMs app is orange when you click in it!, I think it would be cool if it was a red! Great Work!!!

I only changed the "active" text boxes to have a red outline (let me know if some of those aren't working). If I changed the "pressed" color there I would need to do it everywhere with every button press to look right. I tried it all red and just didn't like it.

One last thing My Keyboard didnt change, although I did apply over another theme that could be the issue!! I want that keyboard Lol

I made that via Gimpsta's Custom Keyboard website. http://www.gimpsta.com/themer/ It is the HTC-IME V25 Custom keyboard. Discussion thread here .. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/40728-show-your-custom-keyboard.html

Link for my version: HTC IME MOD Keyboard Themed by 928Droid

Attachments

• Genie Set BW Theme.png
    Genie Set BW Theme.png
    151.6 KB · Views: 2,101
  • Market CarDock Theme.png
    Market CarDock Theme.png
    239.2 KB · Views: 2,137
  • Search Contacts Theme.png
    Search Contacts Theme.png
    119.5 KB · Views: 2,118
  • Volume OptionsTheme.png
    Volume OptionsTheme.png
    267.4 KB · Views: 2,128

RedBull

Reaction score
928, is it possible to theme just the pulldown bar? I love that! It would go great with the RedRum theme I'm sporting.

Nice work!

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
928, is it possible to theme just the pulldown bar? I love that! It would go great with the RedRum theme I'm sporting.

Nice work!

Sure, just copy the attached file below to the \framework-res\res\drawable-hdpi directory in your Theme Folder and reapply the Framework-res sub-theme.

Attachments

• status_bar_background.png
    status_bar_background.png
    11.1 KB · Views: 536

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Great Work Brother!!!!! I love Black Themes!!!!!l

THANKS!! Me too!:)

*edit your lock sliders need to have the draw9patch added to them and then recompiled, if you you need help with them let me know!!!

Should have only been a n issue in Landscape mode, fixed in v1.0a, new link in OP. If there is something else please let me know.

also the text box in MMs app is orange when you click in it!, I think it would be cool if it was a red! Great Work!!!

I only changed the "active" text boxes to have a red outline (let me know if some of those aren't working). If I changed the "pressed" color there I would need to do it everywhere with every button press to look right. I tried it all red and just didn't like it.

One last thing My Keyboard didnt change, although I did apply over another theme that could be the issue!! I want that keyboard Lol

I made that via Gimpsta's Custom Keyboard website. http://www.gimpsta.com/themer/ It is the HTC-IME V25 Custom keyboard. Discussion thread here .. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/40728-show-your-custom-keyboard.html

Link for my version: HTC IME MOD Keyboard Themed by 928Droid

duh im an idiot! should have noticed itwas the htc keyboard!!! I think I got to excited and flashed it without really looking at the keyboard!

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
928, are you going to put more red into this thing?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
for the life of me I cannot type on those keyboards : )

I really like them too but it is a laborious task with auto correct and hitting caps by accident.

I had the same one 928 but I just can't type without making tons of mistakes.

It took me four try's to type the word thwump lol

Had to give up on it and thats too bad because those keyboards look fantastic.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
for the life of me I cannot type on those keyboards : )

I really like them too but it is a laborious task with auto correct and hitting caps by accident.

I had the same one 928 but I just can't type without making tons of mistakes.

It took me four try's to type the word thwump lol

Had to give up on it and thats too bad because those keyboards look fantastic.

The key is to turn off all the auto correct predictive crap, with that stuff out of the way I never muzspeal anthing :)... I don't have that crap on my PC/Laptop and I find it distracting on my phone. Once you get used to actually typing on the phone instead of fighting the AC/PT stuff it goes faster/easier..at least for me.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
928, are you going to put more red into this thing?

I already have a 928DroidRed version 99% made..after trying it I didn't like it ... don't know why, just didn't.

Anywho, I can do a red accented version easy enough if people want it. It would basically get rid of all the yellow/orange button presses etc , change those to red along add red accents. I had a template made up in PhotoShop to change the colors pretty quickly, would just need to do a few more to finish it.

FuzzyBeard

Reaction score
This is my first theme, works great! Thanks for the great work! Just wanted to mention that your clock background is overlapped by the stock battery icon on my screen. Not a problem for me, just didn't seem quite right.

fuzzybeard-albums-fuzzy-pics-picture1203-home-screen.png

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
This is my first theme, works great! Thanks for the great work! Just wanted to mention that your clock background is overlapped by the stock battery icon on my screen. Not a problem for me, just didn't seem quite right.

Glad you like it!!! You are very welcome!! I made it for myself and am glad others dig it also!

Concerning the clock, wait till 10:00 and it will be fixed..at least until until 1:00.... seriously Android shifts the icons when you loose the 4th clock digit, it is hard to compensate for that ....BUT I specially edited the Alarm Icon to compensate for this... if you leave an alarm set if won't overlay any at all, no matter the time...best I could come up with at the monent.

BTW, if that small amount of overlay bothers you ..PLEASE don't look at it it Landscape mode (ducking)... :icon_eek:

Still working on a solution, but I refuse to deodex my ROM to solve the black clock issue, what I am doing is the next best thing for now.

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Glad you like it!!! You are very welcome!! I made it for myself and am glad others dig it also!

Concerning the clock, wait till 10:00 and it will be fixed..at least until until 1:00.... seriously Android shifts the icons when you loose the 4th clock digit, it is hard to compensate for that ....BUT I specially edited the Alarm Icon to compensate for this... if you leave an alarm set if won't overlay any at all, no matter the time...best I could come up with at the monent.

BTW, if that small amount of overlay bothers you ..PLEASE don't look at it it Landscape mode (ducking)... :icon_eek:

Still working on a solution, but I refuse to deodex my ROM to solve the black clock issue, what I am doing is the next best thing for now.

do you want a white Clock or no clock at all?