mlb baseball

jgorman13

Reaction score
I think the widget is great, goign to test it out for real today during the Yankees spring training game against the Phillies (GO yankees!!). Right now my only gripe is no widget....I can deal with no live video, the audio is enough and i dotn have to pay monthly for it just once.

agreed.

ps. im a sea-ray guy as well lol

gprichardson1

Reaction score
FYI - MLB released their At Bat 2010 app for Android yesterday. On your phone go into the Market and search for mlb. It's pricey at $14.99 but I think it's worth it to have game audio on my phone.

-Gary

longboat

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I wish it had pre season audio. It says regular season. Have you tried it yet? Does it have pre season audio and stats?

Wuzz Ranger

Reaction score
All in all, it's a mess trying to figure out what to do.[/quote]

so where can i get it for the droid i do not see any link mlb.com for the android version...[/QUOTE]

It appears there are all sorts of combinations among the various features in different MLB "packages." All in all, it's very confusing. It appears that for some devices signing up for an MLB package for one's computer extends to a mobile phone but for other devices one has to purchase a separate service.

From what I can tell, for the Droid only "At Bat" is available for $15. If one wants the same audio on one's computer, it's another $20. Furthermore, trying to locate "At Bat" on the MLB website is, to say the least, challenging though it's now available in the Market.

All in all, it's a mess trying to figure out what to do.

gprichardson1

Reaction score
Yeah, it's got spring training audio for games when the teams have radio broadcasts. Right after I installed it I listened to the Mariners/Giants spring training game. It didn't seem to have all the stats you'd expect for the regular season but it did have the box score, which I thought was a plus for spring training games.

faxman75

Reaction score
I guess I can live without the video but damn $15.00 for an app with no widget/video

$15 for an app that is going to give you audio all season long.

I just called mlb cusomer service to try and get more information. They had zero answers and knew nothing about the product. They referred me to the mlb.tv email address. I asked them specifically what was included for android and pressed them hard on video referencing the stories I read about android video testing during the world series. I also told them there were tons of droid owners waiting for a live streaming video product to accompany the streaming audio. I will post the response once I recieve it.

I guess i'm going to pull the trigger on the app either way for the audio. $15 is pretty cheap for a full baseball season of radio broadcasts.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Merged the threads.........

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

so where can i get it for the droid i do not see any link mlb.com for the android version...[/QUOTE]

It appears there are all sorts of combinations among the various features in different MLB "packages." All in all, it's very confusing. It appears that for some devices signing up for an MLB package for one's computer extends to a mobile phone but for other devices one has to purchase a separate service.

From what I can tell, for the Droid only "At Bat" is available for $15. If one wants the same audio on one's computer, it's another $20. Furthermore, trying to locate "At Bat" on the MLB website is, to say the least, challenging though it's now available in the Market.

[/QUOTE]

There is no reference to "At Bat" on mlb.com. (At least not for 2010.) Search for "At Bat" in the Market.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
I am going to try it out on the Brewers game this afternoon. They really should include this if you buy MLB.TV.

Last edited:

jgorman13

Reaction score
as i said before, there is a reference to the app on mlb.com, you just have to go to the mobile section. no link though, but thats why we have a marketplace.

hopefully, the mets will have audio today. i'm sure well see video by the end of the season. probably for playoffs at the latest.