mlb baseball

rjm5151

Reaction score
As far as i know there isnt anything like this right now...but i would love to be able to stream games. I know there is mlb.tv and would be great if that would work on droid

Anyone to talk to in order to get the balling rolling on new apps...assuming mlb.com wouldnt be a good start.

I dont know just trying to see if something like this woud be possible.

OP
R

rjm5151

Reaction score
Looks like they will have at bat yhe mobile version which has audio and such for android

Cmmsh

Reaction score
It's only going to be audio, it looks like, but that's fine by me ... for now.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm a huge baseball fan. I purchase MLB Exta Innings every year. I have Sirius/XM so I can listen to games that arn't being televised.

Now I understand some people travel. But is it really worth it just for listening? How much are they going to charge?

Considering that you can follow any MLB game on MLB.com, pitch by pitch for free I just can't see why there's an interest in this. Maybe if it was televised and your a big fan and you travel, yes. But I really don't need this app.

Or is this another, "because we can" app?:)

macmhood

Reaction score
I'm a huge baseball fan. I purchase MLB Exta Innings every year. I have Sirius/XM so I can listen to games that arn't being televised.

Now I understand some people travel. But is it really worth it just for listening? How much are they going to charge?

Considering that you can follow any MLB game on MLB.com, pitch by pitch for free I just can't see why there's an interest in this. Maybe if it was televised and your a big fan and you travel, yes. But I really don't need this app.

I had it on a BB last year and it cost like $12 for the season. I also had MLB.TV for the comp so I dont miss games while away from the house. I got rid of the XM because the app on the phone did not fade out every time I went under a bridge, and one month of XM paid for the whole season of Gameday audio. Sometimes I have to work as a medic at a baseball park and it was great while people are searching for the scores during the playoffs and I was listening without missing a pitch. Its really nice and for the minimal cost, it is a must for some. I hope we can get the option to watch games like the I can someday.
Bring on "At Bat" I am in and feel its well worth the money.

OP
R

rjm5151

Reaction score
yea looks would be really nice if it was video....because my cable company doesn't offer SNY and on mlb.tv online the mets are blacked out(ya that makes sense)....I was hoping this would be one way to have video, having audio will definitely help though.

MaxBobcat

Reaction score

Baseball broadcasts are a classic radio staple. Basketball and football aren't as much fun to listen to, but baseball has long been popular on the radio.

I actually know some old folks that prefer radio broadcasts to TV. weird eh

Last edited:

fsolomon75

Reaction score
If the Droid ever gets Flash, you should be able to just go to the MLB.com's full site and use the mlb.tv link from there.

Varking

Reaction score
I would love something like this and I may just use the ipod touch to get it since they will be getting an mlb.tv app but I am not sure how many games I can watch without going over my data on Verizon from tethering.