mlb baseball

pobguy

Reaction score
Does anyone know whether the MLB Gameday works on the Droid? Is a special app needed?

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score
Does anyone know whether the MLB Gameday works on the Droid? Is a special app needed?

Gameday runs on Flash, but the At Bat App coming out next month will have Gameday built in, as well as streaming audio.

Cmmsh

Reaction score
I'm a huge baseball fan. I purchase MLB Exta Innings every year. I have Sirius/XM so I can listen to games that arn't being televised.

Now I understand some people travel. But is it really worth it just for listening? How much are they going to charge?

Considering that you can follow any MLB game on MLB.com, pitch by pitch for free I just can't see why there's an interest in this. Maybe if it was televised and your a big fan and you travel, yes. But I really don't need this app.

Or is this another, "because we can" app?:)

I think the site said it would be $9 for the year. Do I NEED it? No. I have MLB.TV, Extra Innings and XM. Nine bucks is a fair price to have audio on my phone. There is plenty else that comes with the app, as well. Easily worth it if you are a baseball fan.

pobguy

Reaction score
I'm a huge baseball fan. I purchase MLB Exta Innings every year. I have Sirius/XM so I can listen to games that arn't being televised.

Now I understand some people travel. But is it really worth it just for listening? How much are they going to charge?

Considering that you can follow any MLB game on MLB.com, pitch by pitch for free I just can't see why there's an interest in this. Maybe if it was televised and your a big fan and you travel, yes. But I really don't need this app.

Or is this another, "because we can" app?:)

I think the site said it would be $9 for the year. Do I NEED it? No. I have MLB.TV, Extra Innings and XM. Nine bucks is a fair price to have audio on my phone. There is plenty else that comes with the app, as well. Easily worth it if you are a baseball fan.

I too subscribe to mlb.tv. However there are times when I just can't be home. In tha past, I have relied on Gameday to keep up with things. So, it looks like that will be included in the package, along with streaming audio. That is good enough for me and well worth the $9/yr.

Zargon

Reaction score
Nothing to add except that I'm excited for the season to start.

OP
R

rjm5151

Reaction score
Maybe mlb.tv subscribers can get this for free
Lol wishful thinking....in reality 9 bucks is very affordable for how much id use it...give is mlb.tv tho plz

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
I hope it is like the version I had on my iPod Touch. It is a Baseball fan dream come true.

If the NBA can have video, then so can MLB! Wake up!

Speaking of which, the NHL need to learn how to promote their league, especially after the Olympics, WHERES THEIR APP???

lumpysherman

Reaction score
I would agree, the ipod touch app is pretty nice. Hopefully we get it before opening day though it would be nice to have for spring training games.

Wuzz Ranger

Reaction score
I hope it is like the version I had on my iPod Touch. It is a Baseball fan dream come true.

If the NBA can have video, then so can MLB! Wake up!

Speaking of which, the NHL need to learn how to promote their league, especially after the Olympics, WHERES THEIR APP???

I agree if the NBA can have live video why can't MLB. I heard something about rights to the video feed goes to apple....I could be wrong though

acturbo

Reaction score
We need this now, ST games are already underway and I don't want to miss any. I heard this was coming in March and I was really hoping for the beginning of March but I guess that is not the case.

jwc9p

Reaction score
Am I missing something? I clicked on the link but couldnt click on the android portion of the mlb website. How is it possible to get MLB games streamed onto the droid? I understand its just radio. Thanks

dgoakill

Reaction score
forget the mobile, I want the App. "at bat 2010" it's been out in the Icrap store for two days. I read that it's supposed to be available today, but I've been reading that since 02/28.