mlb baseball

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
It appears there are all sorts of combinations among the various features in different MLB "packages." All in all, it's very confusing. It appears that for some devices signing up for an MLB package for one's computer extends to a mobile phone but for other devices one has to purchase a separate service.

From what I can tell, for the Droid only "At Bat" is available for $15. If one wants the same audio on one's computer, it's another $20. Furthermore, trying to locate "At Bat" on the MLB website is, to say the least, challenging though it's now available in the Market.

All in all, it's a mess trying to figure out what to do.

searayman

Reaction score
It appears there are all sorts of combinations among the various features in different MLB "packages." All in all, it's very confusing. It appears that for some devices signing up for an MLB package for one's computer extends to a mobile phone but for other devices one has to purchase a separate service.

From what I can tell, for the Droid only "At Bat" is available for $15. If one wants the same audio on one's computer, it's another $20. Furthermore, trying to locate "At Bat" on the MLB website is, to say the least, challenging though it's now available in the Market.

All in all, it's a mess trying to figure out what to do.

so where can i get it for the droid i do not see any link mlb.com for the android version...

Reaction score
just downloaded this app, thanks for the heads up!! i also have this app for my itouch, will it allow mlbtv subscribers to watch live games on the droid app as it does for itouch/iphone users??

Tierlifer

Reaction score
Been waiting on this app since I got my Droid back in late November....YES!!!

Downloaded it last night and can't wait to use it. Looks pretty good from what I played around with it last night. Not sure if it's as polished as the iPod/touch one but it looks ALOT like it. I know by mid-season you were able to watch 1 game a night on the iPod one...hopefully this one follows suit.

Anyways..I got it 90% for the audio so I can listen anytime or place, especially since I am on the road alot and ditched XM last fall.

YES!! So happy right now!

LETS GO METS ! (Yeah, yeah I know ;P)

jgorman13

Reaction score
MLB At-Bat 2010

So MLB just put their 2010 At-Bat app into the Android Market. Unfortunately, we do not see the ability to stream live MLB.TV games like iPhone users do. For $15 though, we get live radio of every game, as well as play-by-play, and video highlights as the game is going on. Not a bad deal for a couple thousand games. Hopefully we'll see an update for live video sometime soon. It's not like our phones cant handle it.

Anyone else getting this app? Thoughts on it?

Go Mets?

jgorman13

Reaction score
hey, didnt see this thread, and made my own about mlb at bat.

You can access info from the mlb.com website, just go under mobile.

AND LETS GO METS!

jabro

Reaction score
Was getting it until I saw we don't get video streamed. That was the deal killer for me.

Go Mets!

jasonb

Reaction score
is there a widget for up to date scores?

bamaboy165

Reaction score
I'm still thinking about getting this. But i really want the video also.

Go Braves!!!

jgorman13

Reaction score
no widget yet. just downloaded it. Maybe theyll add that. But what a lot of iphone people are complaining about is that it doesnt really say anything on the app description, but you need to pay for an mlb.TV subscription to get the video streaming (unlike last year had limited games but they were free)

I just hope we get slingplayer mobile soon so I can just stream my games that way. This is still a great way to hear games while at work.

searayman

Reaction score
I think the widget is great, goign to test it out for real today during the Yankees spring training game against the Phillies (GO yankees!!). Right now my only gripe is no widget....I can deal with no live video, the audio is enough and i dotn have to pay monthly for it just once.