[ROM] MIUI.us-Sholes-1.10.28 [DEV]

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Btw is pkill zygote the regular command run for a soft (hot) reboot? Other than the obvious commands like hotreboot or hrb or those type commands...I know pkill system also hot reboots...just curious if anyone knows this

supercharged modified liquid 3.0 w/turbocharged 3g
Pete's 5 slot lv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
19.8 linpack score
1856 quadrant score

dpaine88

Reaction score
Has anyone had Market issues? Mine keeps losing all its data or something because nearly every time I open it, it brings up the Terms & Conditions and loses all my apps so I have to clear data manually to get them to show again.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Btw is pkill zygote the regular command run for a soft (hot) reboot? Other than the obvious commands like hotreboot or hrb or those type commands...I know pkill system also hot reboots...just curious if anyone knows this

I believe pkill zygote goes back farther (kills more services) and restarts compared to pkill system. Not positive on that, but I believe so. AFAIK, the hot reboot option that is included in reboot menu (normal, hot boot, boot loader, recovery) does a pkill zygote.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's what I thought. I noticed pkill system wouldn't clear the kernel caches. Makes sense that killing a base kernel process would work better than just killing the system server. Thanks magiman
Btw I noticed something interesting in miui roms. Normally whenever I run quadrant standard the 3d test with the 2 planets would run about 11 fps but for some reason in miui it always ran like in the 40s. Basically the same score overall but does that mean that miui runs graphics better than most roms?

supercharged modified liquid 3.0 w/turbocharged 3g
Pete's 5 slot lv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
19.8 linpack score
1856 quadrant score

Last edited:

dpaine88

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to set any sounds to "none"? I am trying to not have a notification sound or sms delivery sound but when I choose "none" from ringtone selection I get "settings" to FC on me (process com.android.settings)

chewy74

Reaction score
Yes, I'm having the same issue.

Also in the future, you should avoid double posting the same issue. Usually posting errors in the rom thread will get it looked at unless it's getting buried from activity...if so just start a new thread with your issue

Has anyone been able to set any sounds to "none"? I am trying to not have a notification sound or sms delivery sound but when I choose "none" from ringtone selection I get "settings" to FC on me (process com.android.settings)

dpaine88

Reaction score
Yes, I'm having the same issue.

Also in the future, you should avoid double posting the same issue. Usually posting errors in the rom thread will get it looked at unless it's getting buried from activity...if so just start a new thread with your issue

My bad :(

chewy74

Reaction score
No worries man. Just trying help mags keep all errors centralized in one place vs looking through multiple ones.

:)

cjizzle32

Reaction score
Does this build allow volume rocker wake up...because my power button is absolutely shot!!!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

chewy74

Reaction score
Yes it does. Under settings /system / buttons

Does this build allow volume rocker wake up...because my power button is absolutely shot!!!

doublea500

Reaction score
I used to have miui around 6 months ago (estimate), it was good but it was laggy on my phone. Just flashed it again now and I must say its great! Custom and fast. Good job

Is the music app built into the rom? Its, godly. Everything I want in a music launcher. Only problems I have with it is that I can't see the full screen of the album covers and I can't swipe to change songs.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

bullswife98

Reaction score
Hey guys,I have an issue here don't know if its been covered or not but, I am having random loss of data and 3g sync. It at times happens around 3 or 4 times a day and I have to reboot to get it to come back on. Why is it doing this and what can I do to fix this? Sorry if this has been covered before didn't see it anywheres.
Thanks in advance.
Oh I forgot,there also seem to be a delay when answering a call, it will ring and vibrate but a total black screen. Won't let me answer till about four rings later. What's that about?

Last edited:

chewy74

Reaction score
Did you do a full wipe before installing the ROM? What kernel are you using? Did you restore any system data?

Try wiping cache and dalvik only and see if that fixes the data drop issue

Hey guys,I have an issue here don't know if its been covered or not but, I am having random loss of data and 3g sync. It at times happens around 3 or 4 times a day and I have to reboot to get it to come back on. Why is it doing this and what can I do to fix this? Sorry if this has been covered before didn't see it anywheres.
Thanks in advance.
Oh I forgot,there also seem to be a delay when answering a call, it will ring and vibrate but a total black screen. Won't let me answer till about four rings later. What's that about?

bullswife98

Reaction score
I did wipe everything 5times before install ( my norm.) And did wipe cache/dalvic as well.