MIUI random boots

gmmurphy

Reaction score
anyone suffering the random boots of miui. i freaking love this rom been running since day one. the last week or so, its been flakey. i get at least four random boots a day. ugggh. i dont want to change, a small price to pay.

speedfreeq

Reaction score
anyone suffering the random boots of miui. i freaking love this rom been running since day one. the last week or so, its been flakey. i get at least four random boots a day. ugggh. i dont want to change, a small price to pay.

this is why i finally ditched. she's pretty, and the lovin' was amazing, but she's a crazy, moody girl...back to PE for now.

datniccachii

Reaction score
Yes this is deff..a problem i have as well, but i notice it more frequently with the evo theme

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

sparty569

Reaction score
Are your non MIUI launchers, if you are using them, taking a lot longer to refresh the apps and widgets? I have that, along with more frequent reboots. Sometimes it is a soft reboot, where it doesnt go all the way out to the M, sometimes it just goes straight to the boot animation.

Other times, it goes all the way out.

datniccachii

Reaction score
I only use the miui launcher and still have the same issues..for some reason everytime my boots appear it always happens when I awake my phone n slide to open....it will always freeze,thus tellin me miui is actin like b!tch right now

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Reason im on ud2.5 now. So many features miui doesn't have and no bugs. Nice to have a phone that works without rebooting and fc

OP
gmmurphy

gmmurphy

Reaction score

this is why i finally ditched. she's pretty, and the lovin' was amazing, but she's a crazy, moody girl...back to PE for now.
lol, i show her to everyone, i hide the fact that she is flakey, i keep telling myself she will get better. when is enough enough.

kingdroid81

Reaction score
With me, I only get maybe 1 or 2 soft reboots a day. I'm pretty happy with miui now. I'm running 12.11 with the stock kernel, btw.everybodys droid is different. Like the saying goes" if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Stick with what is stable, I say.

snafufx

Reaction score
I was having them bad, until I changed to slayer's kernels. It may just be luck, but for over a week now with no reboots.

mjh68

Reaction score
I will have to try and switch kernels as well. Never noticed them before on my phone , but this build I have them frequently. Seems random, but has happened when using SMS and the phone itself I think.

c.r.ayala

Reaction score
Good bye MIUI!! yesterday i had a a total of about 12 random reboots all day long!! it ridiculous! every build has it! ive tried everything!! changing kernels, themes, reflashing, the supposed "fix" that was floating around..nothing works!

im done now!! UD 2.5 is far superior in this regard!! would love to keep MIUI but its not worth it.

toastedoats

Reaction score
It is really interesting to see a half dozen people with such issues. I have only once had an issue after updating without a wipe...

Perhaps you got a corrupt download?
It might be worth one last shot with a fresh download of the .zip and a clean wipe for people having these issues

c.r.ayala

Reaction score
It is really interesting to see a half dozen people with such issues. I have only once had an issue after updating without a wipe...

Perhaps you got a corrupt download?
It might be worth one last shot with a fresh download of the .zip and a clean wipe for people having these issues

i doubt it was a corrupt download because how could it be that the last 4 builds have been corrupt? and i ALWAYS do a clean wipe before a flash! its become a part of the process for me! lol..must just be that MIUI isnt made for my droid! sad but possibly true..ohh well still love UD..not complainin about that! and with UD gingerbread 3.0 dropping soon! cant wait! lol

snafufx

Reaction score
Yeah I was good to go until this latest release. I applied the Bliss Suave HD and was getting reboots galore. After reading, that theme is causing the reboots for some reason. I rewiped, reinstalled the stock theme and took the SMS theme from bliss only and have not one single reboot. Might be worth a shot, but it worked for me now. I keep going back to UD, but this rom is too sweet to give up on.