1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

MIUI Look with Launcher Pro Plus?

Discussion in 'Team D1-MIUI' started by element192, Dec 8, 2010.

1. element192

element192 New Member

Right now I'm using the stock MIUI Launcher because I love the look of it. Bu the "look" I mean the large, closely spaced icons. But I really miss Launcher Pro Plus because of the widgets and popups. I just don't like the smaller icon look of Launcher Pro as much as the MIUI Launcher. I've used programs to change the stock icons to MIUI styled icons but they are still really small and spaced far apart. I've also tried playing with some of the row/column settings in Launcher Pro to see if that changes anything, but with no luck. Does anyone know of anyway to get the real MIUI look with Launcher Pro???
  2. Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter New Member

If you use Desktop Visualizer you can make the icons large and more closely spaced. That's what I used when I didn't have MIUI flashed because I loved the icons. I'm using LP now though. There's just so much to do with it that you can't with the stock launcher.
  3. Loooney2ns

Loooney2ns New Member

I keep wanting to like the stock launcher, but its too slow and redraws all the time, even with samsonite's fix. I keep going back to Launcher Pro.
  4. tech44

tech44 New Member

I like to use Twlauncher..anyone else tried it yet?
  5. Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter New Member

If you're referring to touch wiz then yes, I have used that. I love it. But I just can't get away from LP's customization and widgets. Plus, I need the ability to change the number of rows and columns on my screens. I love the MIUI stock launcher too, it's pretty cool and really nice but again with LP's perks. Has anyone tried Go Launcher? It's really really smooth and has MIUI icons. The lockscreen icons for MIUI are it's default sms and phone icon. But you can have up to 30 homescreens. I wouldn't use it but it's a smooth and fast launcher.
  6. tech44

tech44 New Member

Haven't heard of Go Launcher,but i'll check it out..thanks!
  7. Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter New Member

Yeah, no problem man. I hadn't either until I was talking to someone about ROMs running Gingerbread and what not and he just randomly told me to check it out so I did. I like it but you can't do a lot with it. But the UI is nice.
  8. tech44

tech44 New Member

Pretty cool actually...LP with a twist or two..lol
  9. Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter New Member

Yeah ha. I'd never use it as my default but it was fun to mess around with for those few minutes. I don't understand how no one has created sense widgets for people to use
  10. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Banned

No one creates sense widgets because htc loves to send C&D letters to people violating their IP.
  11. Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter New Member

I heard about that but I would think that if LP can get away with doing it then there would be a way for others. HTC should just make it a paid app in the market
  12. darylkris

darylkris New Member

is there any way to have the uniform icons from miui and apply them to other roms? that's all i really like miui for, that and the folder designs.
  13. xformulax

xformulax New Member

LP isnt getting away with anything.

if you want to create or download a LP dock image that looks like sense, and then put invisible png's so that it looks like the sense buttons function... you're free to do so.

HTC isnt going to let some company do it and charge for it though :)

LP gives you the functionality to do with it what you wish...as far as the widgets are concerned. you can say they're similar but i say they're much different, and much better.

Look at beautiful widgets... they had BW that looked like sense... HTC sent a C&D... rather than cry about it, BW made it easily themable so that someone else could create a sense theme, and then HTC can cry to someone else while BW can continue selling their product.
  14. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Banned

LP+ widgets just look very similar, not identical (nowhere near identical for that matter). They can't C&D a person that's only making something that uses the same color for the widgets.
  15. xformulax

xformulax New Member

take the stock icons and drop them into your theme.zip

open theme.zip, browse to theme.zip/framework/res/drawable-hdpi-finger and put the icons inside, replacing the themed icons.
  16. Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter New Member

I see. I never really looked at the Sense widgets to know if they were the same or not. I assumed so. But BW's sense theme is a bit off. But what about Fancy Widget Pro? Their clock is almost, if not exactly the same. What are they doing different?
  17. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Banned

He's asking how to take the MIUI icons and use them in non-MIUI ROMs, not how to replace the MIUI ROM icons in the MIUI ROM.
  18. Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter New Member

Just go inside the ROM like xformulax said and take them. Use something like Desktop visualizer or folder organizer to apply them to other ROMs. You might be able to replace the ROM's icons with them as well. Haven't tried that with anything other than MIUI. But, you'll only be able to take a few. Like gmail, dialer, contacts, mainly stock or very popular apps.
  19. xformulax

xformulax New Member

you're correct, i misread... i thought he said stock miui icons for another theme not another rom.

in that case he'll have to use something like bettercut to change the icons... or ask a theme dev for his rom to port the icons for him.

there is a BW sense theme that is near identical, you just have to know where to get it :)

the point is, BW put it on the burden of their users, rather than take the heat from HTC, which is fine because there is no way HTC is going to track you down as a single entity and tell you to stop using some theme.
  20. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Banned

Why do you think the original Fancy Widget isn't in the market anymore? The stock skin on Fancy Widget Pro isn't even sense style, and if a users makes a sense style skin, the dev can't get hit with a C&D order.

And BW looks totally different from the sense weather and time widget; for starters, the space for the flip numbers is more elongated on sense; on BW they look short and fat.
Search tags for this page

launcher pro large icon hack