Random Freezes/Reboots

rob22202

Reaction score
Hi all.

Every week, I go through my routine of flashing the new Miui and then flashing back to something else a couple days later. I really want to stick with Miui but I get random freezes/reboots that frustrate the hell out of me. I wiped data/cache/system/boot and installed 1.7.29. I had some issues where the lockscreen would not respond until I powered off/on again. I had one random reboot. Then, at the gym, I was watching a netlix movie and the phone froze. I pulled the battery and could not boot pat the "M" logo. So, while still on the eliptical machine, I had to nandroid back to Liquid 2.4.

So, my questions are:
- Does this happen to anyone else?
- Are certain kernels prone to making this happen on Miui? I use Chevy 1.1 and have on almost all the ROMs I use.
- Could themes cause freezing/reboot issues?

Miui is my favoite ROM, by far. I have to figure out why this is happening.

Thanks!

oddoreven

Reaction score
I always have this problem with the stock miui kernel. Flashing to Chevy 1.0 ULV solves almost all of the freezes and reboots on my OG Droid. Perhaps trying a lower speed/higher voltage Chevy or Pete's GB kernel would help?

linkboy

Reaction score
A couple of things I've done to get my version of MIUI running stable

First, install this

V6 Supercharger

One of the biggest problems with the OG Droid and Gingerbread is the small memory size of the OG Droid. This is an attempt to solve it.

Next, setup a swap file onto your SD card. I'm using Swapper (free on the market) and I have a 200MB swap file on my SD card. This will use your SD card sort of like RAM. The only downside is that it w

Lastly, move your apps to your SD card (will help to free up memory in the phone). I'm using Links2SD for that.

I did all of this, this morning and my phone has been running the best its ran in a long time. I actually don't feel like throwing the damn thing into the street and running it over. Is it perfect, no (it still wigs out once in a while), but its much better then it was.

My biggest fight right now is with the stupid car dock and my case. Even though I've frozen the (useless) car dock app, my phone is still trying to load it (which turns my display on and kills my battery). I think I got it under control though.

OP
rob22202

rob22202

Reaction score
I have been to busy to mess with it lately but last night I installed the latest Miui, Chevy ULV 1100, and swapper 2. Miui is running very smoothly with no issues so far. Thanks for the responses.

overtwo

Reaction score
Remember....it's highly recommended that you disable compcache if you are going to run Swapper2 (or Swapper). To disable compcache open Terminal Emulator and enter the following:

su
compcache stop

Reboot and enjoy! (i would also recommend wiping your cache and dalvik cache in recovery)

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
A couple of things I've done to get my version of MIUI running stableFirst, install thisV6 SuperchargerOne of the biggest problems with the OG Droid and Gingerbread is the small memory size of the OG Droid. This is an attempt to solve it.Next, setup a swap file onto your SD card. I'm using Swapper (free on the market) and I have a 200MB swap file on my SD card. This will use your SD card sort of like RAM. The only downside is that it wLastly, move your apps to your SD card (will help to free up memory in the phone). I'm using Links2SD for that.I did all of this, this morning and my phone has been running the best its ran in a long time. I actually don't feel like throwing the damn thing into the street and running it over. Is it perfect, no (it still wigs out once in a while), but its much better then it was.My biggest fight right now is with the stupid car dock and my case. Even though I've frozen the (useless) car dock app, my phone is still trying to load it (which turns my display on and kills my battery). I think I got it under control though.
Have you tried using the a2sd on 1.8.19? Since you already had your apps moved to ext partition on sdcard with link2sd, I was wondering how it is working out of the box for you?