Random Reboots?? D1 running 0.12.3.2

c.r.ayala

Reaction score

i have an original droid and this rom has given me constant random reboots! about 3 or 4 a day maybe more!! Ive noticed it mostly happens when trying to lock the phone..but it also has happened during a call and just randomly.

has anyone else had this issue with the droid? and if so any possible solutions? id love to keep this rom its fast! but if these reboots keep happening i might have to dump it
frown.png
but thats the last thing i wanna do!!​

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
It could be a couple things, it could be the kernel not playing nice with the phone, are you using the stock kernel that came with the Rom or did you install another overclocking kernel?

Did you wipe data and cache before flashing the 12.3 MIUI?

OP
C

c.r.ayala

Reaction score
It could be a couple things, it could be the kernel not playing nice with the phone, are you using the stock kernel that came with the Rom or did you install another overclocking kernel?

Did you wipe data and cache before flashing the 12.3 MIUI?

yea i wiped before installing this rom and i do have slayher kernel but even clocking it down the same problem exists, there is this same thread on the MIUI forum bug page and even there some are running into the same problems and some have tried multiple kernels.

but i think if it continues i will reflash and take ur advice and keep stock kernel..see if that helps?

there was no help there so thought reposting here might be more effective...

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Honestly sometimes there is no rhyme or reason to the issue, some Rom's and some kernels just don't play nice on some phones. Unfortunately not all Droids were created equal. Some you can overclock to the max some can't go pass the stock kernel.

OP
C

c.r.ayala

Reaction score
Honestly sometimes there is no rhyme or reason to the issue, some Rom's and some kernels just don't play nice on some phones. Unfortunately not all Droids were created equal. Some you can overclock to the max some can't go pass the stock kernel.

lol yeaa i know. but on previous ROM's its never really been an issue, ive O/C mine to 1000+ on S.S. 4.9 and UD Roms.

might just be my phone and MIUI dont mix? sad because this is by far the one ive liked the most...88 transitions are awesome! lol and the app that contains all themes is genius!

not to mention its the fastest thats ive had on my phone!

ironick7

Reaction score
Having same issue. 3 or 4 per day

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

joeybarclay

Reaction score
My phone was doing this. I tried changing kernels but that didn't work. I think it has something to do with the lock screen as I have received many unintentional "hot reboots" while locking the phone. Im now on UD 2.4 and notice a large performance increase.

OP
C

c.r.ayala

Reaction score
yea same here they are not full reboots just many random hot reboots..but still annoying especially when it happened during a call.

well its both a good/bad thing to know im not the only one experiencing this problem..lol hopefully there is a fix for it with the new update this friday!

if not i might have to switch to another rom as others have done...not what i would like to do though!

jskyler91

Reaction score
I was having those issues as well, but if found that it was the theme thatwas causing the reboots. I was using the starcraft theme, andevery time i plugged it in or someone called it would reboot. I tried everything; kernal change, wipe etc. But to no avail.then i tried a new theme and the problems disappeared. Going on two days and no reboots. For those having problems try a different theme.