Miui Battery Life

Reaction score
Update!!!

Tuesday evening I had 70% charge. I turned my phone off and turned it on Wednesday morning my battery registered 5%. After charging I decided to move to PE. I downloaded PR4.2, backed up MIUI, wiped data and cache, installed PE. Interestingly, before long my battery status displayed 5%. I used PE's built in "clear battery stats" tab which auto reboots. I left it on but the status remained at 5%. I put my phone in my dock and charged to 80% and turned my phone off (12:30 AM)

When I turend the phone (7:30 AM) on the battery displayed 5%. I decided to let the battery completely drain. As of the writing, the battery indicates 5% and everything works.

Not sure what is causing my issue but since I have the same experience on MIUI and PE my sense is it is not related specifically to MIUI.

Mike

:icon_eek: Not a 100% but....i think you might need a new battery

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's funny I switched to MIUI last week and I have never had such good battery life.

What kernel are you running?

I first installed MIUI last Christmas. Prior to that I was running PR 4.1. I had fantastic battery life with both. I do not believe that my issue is caused by either rom. What truly is strange is that my battery continues to discharge at night when the phone is powered off. I've used
DL/LFY/KERNELS/LFY-1000_SLV.zip every time that I install MIUI.

@mwheartman Your probably is indeed very strange you might have a bad battery in general, have you tried using a different battery, if one isnt available try downloading the app battery stats and giving us your batteries voltage stats it should be somewhere in the 4000+ mv if not that means you didnt calibrate your battery properly or your battery is simply bad...

Thanks for the tip re battery stats, Kingpg. PE has a "battery info" tab that provides battery stats. I just finished charging and here is what it displays:
Battery status: Discharging
Power plug : Unplugged
Battery level: 100
Battery scale: 100
Battery health: Good
Battery voltage: 3960mV
Battery Temp: 32.0 C
Battery tech: Li-ion
Time since boot 1:40.22 Since my battery was completely dead that was a good reading.

The voltage is 40mV below 4000 so I'm not savvy enough to equate if this is a significant enough difference which means my battery is bad. I purchased my phone in December 09.

Mike

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Update!!!

Tuesday evening I had 70% charge. I turned my phone off and turned it on Wednesday morning my battery registered 5%. After charging I decided to move to PE. I downloaded PR4.2, backed up MIUI, wiped data and cache, installed PE. Interestingly, before long my battery status displayed 5%. I used PE's built in "clear battery stats" tab which auto reboots. I left it on but the status remained at 5%. I put my phone in my dock and charged to 80% and turned my phone off (12:30 AM)

When I turend the phone (7:30 AM) on the battery displayed 5%. I decided to let the battery completely drain. As of the writing, the battery indicates 5% and everything works.

Not sure what is causing my issue but since I have the same experience on MIUI and PE my sense is it is not related specifically to MIUI.

Mike

:icon_eek: Not a 100% but....i think you might need a new battery

I'm thinking that way as well. I've always purchased accessories at VZW any suggestions or other sites?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
What happens if you pull the battery at night? If it still discharges, the battery is bad.

That is my plan for tonight. Interestingly, my percent has remained at 100% since removing from the charger. I'll give and update tomorrow.

Mike

lithoman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Turbo
I did the charge / wipe batt stats recharge let drain out and charge again.
It has helped. I ran Pandora for and hour and a half talked about 15min and when done the batt showed 80%.
It would have been 60% or less before.

DaveB722

Reaction score
For under $40.00 bucks, get the D2 extended life battery and cover. My phone went from being at 40% of battery life after 12-13 hours of moderate use, to being at 60-70% using it the same way. For the first time that I can remember it was at 20% after 24 hours, of course 8 of that was off while I was sleeping. Usually it is totally drained by then. Only draw back is the blue battery cover, but not a huge trade-off.

acles003

Reaction score
For under $40.00 bucks, get the D2 extended life battery and cover. My phone went from being at 40% of battery life after 12-13 hours of moderate use, to being at 60-70% using it the same way. For the first time that I can remember it was at 20% after 24 hours, of course 8 of that was off while I was sleeping. Usually it is totally drained by then. Only draw back is the blue battery cover, but not a huge trade-off.

Can you post the link?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
What happens if you pull the battery at night? If it still discharges, the battery is bad.

That is my plan for tonight. Interestingly, my percent has remained at 100% since removing from the charger. I'll give and update tomorrow.

Mike

Last evening, I received update notices from the Market (5 apps). When I started I had 80%. By the time I downloaded and installed 3 of the apps my battery dropped to 50%. At midnight I pulled the battery (505). At 7:30 replaced the battery and powered on with 40%. As soon as email started battery dropped to 20%.

Time to get a new battery. Found this on Amazon

Amazon.com: Motorola BP6X A855 Droid OEM 1300mah Standard Battery: Cell Phones & Accessories $3.49

Mike

nick12

Reaction score
Just curious if people that are having battery problems have lot of widgets on your homescreens? I'm in a similar boat, my battery drains super quick whenever the screen is on... I'll leave in the morning with 100% charge, and on my 45 in commute of doing nothing crazy (just web browsing, reading some pdf books, etc), I'll be 40-50% by the time I get to work.

Last week, I tried taking all the widgets off my screens to try to help a memory-related problem I had, and since then the battery life has shot up. Right now I'm at 70% without any charging since this morning ~6:30am.

I didn't even have anything unusual either... facebook, weatherchannel, google news&weather, google calendar, and 2 google finance widgets. But something there is definitely killing my battery...

toastedoats

Reaction score
I get about 12hrs out of a full charge, today I got only 14hrs but the phone was also plugged in for an hour or so at work. Ordered a new battery from amazon today but I doubt it will help.

I only run a 2 widgets, a digital clock and battstat.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I get about 12hrs out of a full charge, today I got only 14hrs but the phone was also plugged in for an hour or so at work. Ordered a new battery from amazon today but I doubt it will help.

I only run a 2 widgets, a digital clock and battstat.

I order a battery from Amazon today. I'll let you know if anything changes.

Mike

Reaction score
I've turned off every last widget that polls, and it's increased my battery life quite a bit. 15-18 hours is easily doable.

They're nifty, but just time wasting gadgets (to me). If I need to know what they're providing, I'll go to the app and check.