Help Flashing MIUI 12.11

bump47

Reaction score
For the life of me I cannot get this work. I have never had a problem like this. I have never used MIUI before and so I am not totally familiar with it. I am coming from UD 2.5. I flashed MIUI and it was working great but if I reboot, the phone just starts force closing every 5 seconds and I have no idea how to fix it.

It's funny because the rom works great until I reboot my phone. I have no idea why its doing this. I've been rooted and flashing Roms for about 6 months so Im fairly comfortable with everything but not an expert. Any help is appreciated. I really like MIUI and I want it to work on my phone. Thanks for the help guys!

illmatic636

Reaction score
are you using a custom or stock kernel? And do you have setcpu?

Z

ZeroBarrier

Sounds like your restoring apps and data using either TiBu or some other backup app. Simple fix, don't restore using backup apps you used on UD. Go the simple route and re-download everything fresh from market, setup everything yourself so you don't mess up data files that aren't compatible with the MIUI framework.

OP
B

bump47

Reaction score
Ok so I need write down all my apps and then go to the market and download them again. Because yes I was restoring my apps from Titanium

illmatic636

Reaction score
I didnt change anything from the original install of the rom. Yes i have setcpu.

From what I understand, Setcpu is not a good idea with this Rom since it overclocks to the highest voltage the kernel allows. The CPU button underclocks that by 200 mhz.

Test your bat/Speed with out setcpu. I think you'll be impressed.

illmatic636

Reaction score
Ok so I need write down all my apps and then go to the market and download them again. Because yes I was restoring my apps from Titanium

you can restore your apps, just not the data.

Z

ZeroBarrier

rYou can use appbrain and sync you apps to it, it will save you the time of writing down almost all market apps, it doesn't sync carrier specific apps though. Then you can also use the fast web installer and mass "install" from your PC through the appbrain web site, it will send the apps directly to your phone without the need to touch anything on your phone.

OP
B

bump47

Reaction score
Ok I think I understand that. I wont be able to do it right away because I'm about to head out for the night but I will do this tonight some time. Thanks for the help and I will let yall know what happens when I download again

illmatic636

Reaction score
rYou can use appbrain and sync you apps to it, it will save you the time of writing down almost all market apps, it doesn't sync carrier specific apps though. Then you can also use the fast web installer and mass "install" from your PC through the appbrain web site, it will send the apps directly to your phone without the need to touch anything on your phone.

wow. Never realized that AppBrain was such a powerful little app. I'm going to start using that ish. :)