Battery life on MIUI

JLangevin

Reaction score
So I just wanted to report back after having calibrated my battery twice (accidentally plugged in the first time to update to 10.29.. OOPS) so I did the process described in this thread, wiped stats, when fully charged, let battery discharge with normal use, charged to 100%, did this again...

Like what others had mentioned, the first time around, my phone stayed at 5% for quite a while, and all night. The second time, it stayed at 5% for about an hour.

I can now get a solid day and a half batter usage... I am sitting at 40% right now and I havent charged it since yesterday morning. This is with some emailing, lots of texting, a few phone calls, lots of web surfing, and even some Angry Birds.

Anyone complaining about their battery needs to follow this process. My 1 year old battery is lasting quite some time now.

JLangevin

Reaction score
Oh, and by the way, I waited a week to post this, not 5 min after the initial charge like others have done. Time has proven that this method works.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
thank you sir.

I think a lot of people are convinced its ROM related rather than being patient and calibrating...and using the phone for a few days before complaining.

Thats better battery life than I get. :)

my typical usage last me about 18-24 hours, although I havent let it go as long as it could...I just plug in every night.

fizeke136

Reaction score
so i tried the battery calibration (letting it rund down twice, etc) and i've noticed that my battery isnt lasting as long as it used to. like i took it off the charged a little over 7hrs ago and barely used it and its now at 20%. does this possibly mean that my battery needs to be replaced or something?

djssupp

Reaction score
I've followed Yakitori's suggested calibration, and now I feel that I am getting better battery life than my girlfirend who is using stock OTA Android 2.2. I've waited for about a week before providing any feedback so as to run the phone through it's paces. I'm now regularly able to eek out 23 hours of moderate (10-15 emails, 10-15 texts, flipping on the display to marvel at the beauty that is MIUI 3-4 times per hour, 30-60 minutes web browsing over both 3G and WIFI, disabled GPS when not using Maps) usage before hitting 15% left. I've been playing Alchemy Classic quite a bit lately, causing the display to be burning through battery, yet I am still able to hit 16 hours and be at 40%.

Thank you for the suggestion. It will be one of the first things I do any time I flash a ROM if I happen to flash with less than 100% battery. You get a dancing droid for that.

dancedroid

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Awesome! Glad to hear.

sent from a rogue droid

loudaccord

Reaction score
I get pretty decent battery life... display is what tends to kill my phone. This is with app installs, watching youtube videos and playing a little Angry Birds:

CAP201011161939.jpg

djssupp

Reaction score
I personally am using the kernel that comes with MIUI, and prior to doing the battery calibration, I have uninstalled SetCPU, just to see whether not having it installed nets me anything. So far, I haven't missed the overclocking, and my battery life has been stellar to say the least.

There have been a number of conversations on the use of SetCPU in regards to battery life. Many have stated that if SetCPU, or you manually, set the CPU too low, you can end up burning through battery more, as the CPU ends up having to do extra duty, albeit at a lower clock frequency, when things happen on the phone. You may have a theoretical battery life extension because the CPU is under-clocked for some time, but programs then take longer to run in the background, potentially negating the under-clock benefit.

My $.02. Take it with a grain of salt. Everyone's experience is different.

onsht1kll

Reaction score
I also calibrated like yakitori said to .. Did it a few days ago. First day I didn't get that great of battery life but yesterday got over 24 hours. That's with about 30 texts. Couple emails. Surfing the forums all day. GPS AND WIFI both on all day .. so from my experience I would say its also not the ROM .. if u are having problems u should try the calibration! Worth a shot anyway!

D1-MIUI ROM with Blue Steel theme
Slayher 1.2 GHz kernal
1st quadrant - 1568
2nd quadrant - 1695

Sent from a Droid .. where no Droid has gone before ..

onsht1kll

Reaction score
Oh sorry forgot the kernal .. using slayhers 1.2 GHz kernal. Setcpu 1200 Max And 700 minimum .. if I set it any lower than that my phone tends to take a little longer to ramp up

D1-MIUI ROM with Blue Steel theme
Slayher 1.2 GHz kernal
1st quadrant - 1568
2nd quadrant - 1695

Sent from a Droid .. where no Droid has gone before ..

loudaccord

Reaction score
Can you tell me what kernel and launcher or setcpu profiles u r using?

I'm using the P3 Kernel LV 250-1200. SetCPU I just have a temp profile and screen off for 250-400. I keep my settings 'on demand.'

I think someone said before but I think the major killer of battery is turning the phone on every few min. With on-demand, it will spike and that will keep killing the battery. I only turn my phone on when I know what I want to use it for, not to just look at the fancy screen :)

ASN-121

Reaction score
Just followed the recalibration steps... will report back later with my findings.

MIUI 6.4
Chevy ULV 800MHz 7-slot kernel
Phone purchased November 2009
Avg. battery life before recalibration: approx. 20hrs

glynch

Reaction score
Is the cell standby reporting so high a bug? I know this was the case in older CM rom's.

dpaine88

Reaction score
During your battery recalibration, is the only rule not to charge it?

Can you reboot during the battery recalibration? appying themes etc