Miui Battery Life

TheTyler0013

Reaction score
I am having amazing life now, I am running chevys ulv 1.25 kernel and I get close to a full day. I txt, call, surf web & app store, and music.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

toastedoats

Reaction score
I was getting 12-14hrs with MIUI, decided to give CM7 nightlies a shot and am seeing 16-18 hours with CM.

I still havent decided if the battery improvement is worth sacraficing MIUI

Reaction score
I just dont understand how you guys get such bad battery life? with moderate use not heavy on the internet look at my up time and the amount of battery still left and my stats are calibrated right on the stock kernal!

IDK maybe some phones are different but i have never ran a rom that lasts as long as Miui

Last edited:

daddyshatch

Reaction score
My battery life has always sucked with MIUI but not with the new build. Been off the charger since 9 am and I'm still @ 50%.. would have had to charge already with previous builds.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
During the day I get fantastic battery live. However, at night, when I turn my phone off I can have 50% or 60%. In the morning, I have a 5% reading and need to charge. I've left the battery completely discharge several times then recharge but stil have the same results.

I would believe the battery would discharge while on not when off.

Reaction score
During the day I get fantastic battery live. However, at night, when I turn my phone off I can have 50% or 60%. In the morning, I have a 5% reading and need to charge. I've left the battery completely discharge several times then recharge but stil have the same results.

have you ever re-calibrated your stats? you need to wipe them after letting it completely die and charging back up to 100%

Last edited:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

have you ever re-calibrated your stats?

It is my understanding that allowing the battery to completely discharge then recharging re-calibrates. Perhaps my information is inaccurate. When I use PE I used the clear battery stats function that is included in the system maintenance function.

Mike

Reaction score

It is my understanding that allowing the battery to completely discharge then recharging re-calibrates. Perhaps my information is inaccurate. When I use PE I used the clear battery stats function that is included in the system maintenance function.

Mike
I use clear battery stats in CW recovery, in the advanced menu works for me. And this is after the discharge and recharge

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

Mike
I use clear battery stats in CW recovery, in the advanced menu works for me. And this is after the discharge and recharge

I use SPRecovery so that option, for me, is not doable.

Reaction score

Mike

Can't you just flash Cw with rom manager wipe the stats then flash spr again an your good to go

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Or flash to RZRecovery....its like SPR+ :D

Sent from somewhere...

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

Can't you just flash Cw with rom manager wipe the stats then flash spr again an your good to go

That is an option. I do not have sufficient confidence in RM so I removed it quite some time ago. I did, however, restore a PE backup and reset then back to MIUI. Not sure if that will work but it did not make any difference.

Or flash to RZRecovery....its like SPR+ :D

Sent from somewhere...

RZR is an option but I thought the last group of comments I read most felt it was not stable. Perhaps that is no longer the case.

Mike

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Update!!!

Tuesday evening I had 70% charge. I turned my phone off and turned it on Wednesday morning my battery registered 5%. After charging I decided to move to PE. I downloaded PR4.2, backed up MIUI, wiped data and cache, installed PE. Interestingly, before long my battery status displayed 5%. I used PE's built in "clear battery stats" tab which auto reboots. I left it on but the status remained at 5%. I put my phone in my dock and charged to 80% and turned my phone off (12:30 AM)

When I turend the phone (7:30 AM) on the battery displayed 5%. I decided to let the battery completely drain. As of the writing, the battery indicates 5% and everything works.

Not sure what is causing my issue but since I have the same experience on MIUI and PE my sense is it is not related specifically to MIUI.

Mike

banderbe

Reaction score
That's funny I switched to MIUI last week and I have never had such good battery life.

What kernel are you running?

kingpg

Reaction score
@mwheartman Your probably is indeed very strange you might have a bad battery in general, have you tried using a different battery, if one isnt available try downloading the app battery stats and giving us your batteries voltage stats it should be somewhere in the 4000+ mv if not that means you didnt calibrate your battery properly or your battery is simply bad...