Missing 1 step, i think.

MsterKush

Reaction score
First off I'm on a MacBook, with no Windows alternative, not even BootCamp.

I used EasyRoot to root my stock 2.2 D1.

I downloaded "Busybox installer"- did not install yet
I downloaded "Rom Manager"- installed and created backup on SD card
I do see "Superuser Permissions tab"

I downloaded Saphire from here(releases:sapphire-1.0.0 [CVPCS Sapphire Wiki]).

Put zip file onto my SD card, and also an unzipped folder version (just in case it worked)

Rom Manager says "Recovery mode is broken, ROM manager doesnt reboot, Other" in tabs. After clicking Install Rom from card and using saphire as the file, i just get the triangle exclamantion mark. I then renamed it update.zip but it still failed.

As of right now, im on a rooted 2.2 droid 1 with superuser permissions. Whenever Rom Manager tries to install, I end up at the <!>DeadDroid screen. BootLoader pops up if i hold up on the Dpad. What step am i missing? Thanks to all.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
First off I'm on a MacBook, with no Windows alternative, not even BootCamp.

I used EasyRoot to root my stock 2.2 D1.

I downloaded "Busybox installer"- did not install yet
I downloaded "Rom Manager"- installed and created backup on SD card
I do see "Superuser Permissions tab"

I downloaded Saphire from here(releases:sapphire-1.0.0 [CVPCS Sapphire Wiki]).

Put zip file onto my SD card, and also an unzipped folder version (just in case it worked)

Rom Manager says "Recovery mode is broken, ROM manager doesnt reboot, Other" in tabs. After clicking Install Rom from card and using saphire as the file, i just get the triangle exclamantion mark. I then renamed it update.zip but it still failed.

As of right now, im on a rooted 2.2 droid 1 with superuser permissions. Whenever Rom Manager tries to install, I end up at the <!>DeadDroid screen. BootLoader pops up if i hold up on the Dpad. What step am i missing? Thanks to all.
try reflashing the recovery. This happens to me every now and then... (without the !) You sure your rooted?