File Permissions Problem

pcarcr

Reaction score
I'm having permissions problems.
I flashed SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf and reinstalled su and superuser with ADB.
I didn't install BusyBox manually but installed Titanium Backup and installed it with the problems? button and Titanium seems to be working. I have not installed a ROM yet and would like to get everything working and backed up before I attempt that. I was getting a few fc's so I installed Rom Manager and tried to run Fix Permissions but it with "An error occured while attempting to run privileged commands!".
Any ideas on how to fix? :mad: Thanks

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Fill in a few blanks first, please. In what state was your phone before using that .sbf file? Stock, rooted, if rooted custom rom? Where did you get the su and Superuser.apk files and please spell out the exact adb commands you used to get them back on your phone. IMHO, rooting and installing busybox should both be done hand-in-hand, as most all apps requiring root usually depend on busybox.

OP
pcarcr

pcarcr

Reaction score
I followed the instructions in " Re: 2.1 SP Recovery SBF has arrived !
by radar3d. I first used RSD Lite to flash back to 2.01 then accepted the OTA update to 2.1 then used RSD Lite to flash SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf from Mediafire.com. I got su and superuser.apk form mediafire also. then booted to SPRecovery and selected mount options and mount system and connected to my computer by usb.
then:
From a Command prompt (windows)
Navigate to the folder you downloaded the (su and Superuser.apk) files into.

* adb push su /system/bin/su

* adb push Superuser.apk /system/app/Superuser.apk

* adb shell "/system/bin/chmod 6755 /system/bin/su"

* adb shell "/system/bin/chmod 644 /system/app/Superuser.apk"
there were instructions to install Busy Box but I skipped them installed Titanium and let it install it.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
have you tried droidroothelper? its free on the market and flashes the latest busybox.

OP
pcarcr

pcarcr

Reaction score
Thanks, I went back and installed busybox manually and that fixed the problem.:)
Appreciate your help

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Glad you got 'er done. I was looking at your detailed sequence and everything looks like you did it right, right up to skipping the busybox part. I doubt Titanium makes any backups of apps stored in /system/ and therefore cannot be relied upon to backup/restore busybox.

OP
pcarcr

pcarcr

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I was under the impression that the "Problems?" button in Titanium installed busy box, but evidently it does not.