Milestone's OTA update to 2.0.1

rsilves

Reaction score
Hi. I know that the updates for the Motorola Milestone are to be released soon this month.
I have one and live in Argentina. I bought it to the carrier that released the phone in Argentina, Telecom Personal.
I would like to know if the updates depend on the phone carrier or if they are independent to that.
That's because I have so little trust in Personal that if I know the updates depend on them, I automatically know they'll never care to release them here; and I'd have to root my phone and update it manually if I want 2.0.1 or 2.1.
When I try to update manually from the Settings, I get this error message: "Unable to connect" "The device is unable to connect to the server. Try again later."
Does this message appear to everyone? Or is this evidence of some missing link between my carrier and the "server"? Or what?

I hope Motorola releases the update soon for everyone (I heard a rumor that they'd start today Jan 13... but no idea if that's true).

Thanks,
Rodrigo.

big_adventure

Reaction score
Someone in Germany said that the server is now responding for them, but that there is still no update.

In France, the server still doesn't reply.

hkstanley

Reaction score
In Hong Kong, the server is now responding, but that there is still no update.

exxi

Reaction score
servers are not responding in my German Device ; Vodafone.

lesjaw

Reaction score
I bought milestone from UK...I use it in Indonesia...not responding here

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Well,

servers respond by turning the message "servers not reachable" into "System is on the highest patchlevel"

that actually means two things:

1st a update is near, because the servers are online (probably the 2.0.1)

2nd they wont allow all IMEI Numbers at ONE time

Tigger

Skrilax_CZ

Reaction score
Well,

servers respond by turning the message "servers not reachable" into "System is on the highest patchlevel"

that actually means two things:

1st a update is near, because the servers are online (probably the 2.0.1)

2nd they wont allow all IMEI Numbers at ONE time

Tigger

Are you sure about the IMEI? Because Motorola on other phones uses the flex version as a decide factor for updates (on CLIQ it is inside cefs.mbn (radio.img)).

DAGr8

Reaction score
well I for 1 , will not update anyways , who will anyways ? I want root asap , if your like me wait for someone to extract and find the exploit witch most probably will be a few hours after OTA , I hear there is a race about to start :) , being a long time Motorola user , I can tell you 1 thing for sure : dont rely on them , they say something and then do something else ...

DAGr8

Reaction score

Quote :
They didn´t publish any release date this time, either. And considering the hard-headed attitude Motorola showed so far, I wouldn´t expect that update to be coming anytime soon.

about an hour ago

/quote

exactly my taughts ... that s comming from the motorola Europe facebook group I am in the NAM , and since midnight that place has been crawling with ppl complaining about the update
I do want root and sooner the better but 1 thing for sure motorola doesnt and will nto care about user's petition/complaint ( been there done that )

To me the real slap in the face was when they announced the 2.1 (witch Nexus comes with fromt he start ) in the next 2 month ... I was like LOL , give me a break android willbe at 2.5 by then hahahah .but again once custom roms are out who needs motorola ? little hint that is probably why they do not release the update , in french we say : ' parlez-en en mal parlez-en en bien mais parlez-en quand meme '

Last edited:

greg_p

Reaction score
Motorola still has a lot of fixes to bring to current milestone and also droid. So at the contrairy, I would say that we need official release so that to have the cleaner base rom, then custom it.

OP
R

rsilves

Reaction score
Ehm..
I am still waiting for answers... No problem on turning my post into a "2.0.1 update [official post]" but at least try to answer my questions...

Basing on what some wrote, I assume that this error I was having when trying to update was for all, and that if it changes it might mean that they are starting to work on the update (?)

Anyway, I don't understand if the updates depend on Motorola only or if they depend on the carrier too. (??)

Thanks,
Rodrigo.

Motorola Europe @ Facebook (an hour ago) said:
Android fans, the 2.01 update for MILESTONE is on its way – we shared this news last week but didn’t specify an exact date. DROID was on sale in the US a month earlier than MILESTONE, which is why its update runs on a different schedule. Google is in the process of approving the MILESTONE 2.01 update and we ask for you ...r patience. As soon as we have a confirmed date, we’ll share this with you here - stay tuned...
--

Last edited: