2.0.1 for Milestone (Hong Kong & Macau) - Starting 1/29/2010

madden807

Reaction score
Yay! :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:
MOTOROLA MILESTONE™ New Software Upgrade

Android Version 2.0.1 Software will be available to Hong Kong and Macau Milestone™ users from 29th Jan 2010.

How can I obtain the latest software, Android 2.0.1, for my Milestone?

a. By using “System updates” feature inside your Milestone. Go to “Settings "→" About phone”→ click on ”System updates” to connect with server. The total file size is about 30MB and the download of software will incur GPRS data charge. If you would like to avoid such charges, you may turn on the Wi-Fi of your Milestone, use the wireless connection to receive the file over the air.

b. Visit MOTO ServiceOne Center and our service ambassador will be able to help you upgrading the handset. Hotline: 2506 3888

c. Visit MOTOUPDATE http://www.motorola.com/chi/motoupdate and use your USB cable connected to the Milestone for upgrading.

What is the difference between Android 2.0 and Android 2.0.1? Android 2.0Android 2.0.1?

The new software, Android 2.0.1, enhances the performance of Milestone in various perspectives:

OS stability is improved.
Battery life is improved.
Camera auto focus functionality is improved
Update the Lock Screen
Enhance Bluetooth performance
Add the 3D Audio Effects
Add World Clock Widget

pb8185

Reaction score
That is an absolutely amazing bit of news... well for those of us in HK anyways. Somehow I knew in my heart that when they say January, it was pretty much going to be the end of January.

sloopjohnb

Reaction score
Here in brasil, moto has no info about the update at all on its support page and the phone support actually tried to convince me that this update wasn't necessary on 'brazilian milestones' because we have a 'different 2.0 with all the new features'. #facepalm

pointdexler

Reaction score
Here in brasil, moto has no info about the update at all on its support page and the phone support actually tried to convince me that this update wasn't necessary on 'brazilian milestones' because we have a 'different 2.0 with all the new features'. #facepalm

Well, I think the Brazilian support is trying to BS you... google the internet and it shows a list of bugs and fixes for Android 2.0.1